Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright... so the VAST majority of us are going to have December or even January babies. That said... what kind of "false alarms" have you had?

- I lost my mucus plug a few days ago (can we say most unreliable "impending labor" sign ever invented???).

- When I got up I thought perhaps my water broke! But, it was just Evening Primrose Oil (EPO) that came out because I only remembered to put it in about 2 hours before I got up.

- Then, of course, there are the passe BH ctx. BH are so overdone.

I mentioned these to my DH and he said (lovingly), "This is our third. Just tell me when you're only truly in labor, ok?" But, the thing is... I've already begun listening to my uterus crying wolf. I wonder if labor is impending. I HAVE to stop! Otherwise, it's going to be a long 3-5+ weeks!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Bleh. Right now I am leaking reddish brown, but have no contractions, and I lost a lot of mucous about a week and a half ago. Nobody seems to be able to tell me what is going on so I feel kind of in limbo. I am Not ready for labour yet! My dryer is broken! Stay in baby!!!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I don't know if we can stop ourselves from thinking could this be it. As long as we are okay with it not being it. In the beginning we analyze every little pregnancy symptom until they hit us like a ton of bricks and then at the end we analyze every little sign of impending labor until it really hits us. I guess maybe its part of the fun- it must be or why would most of us be doing it!
I think the trick is not to get too wrapped up in it. Plus...for a lot of us it really could be "it". There are several of us at or nearing 37 weeks. So we do really need to be prepared.

Realistically at least 1 us will have a baby by the end of the month- even though the majority will be in December-and I am SOOO excited to see who it will be next!

All that being said....I'm totally jealous. I want to lose my mucus plug!! My uterus is barely whining....I need it to cry!

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ooh, Natalie, i think you should win a prize! Did you talk to a care provider about the brownish red?

Becca -- Ok, I'm sending your uterus CRYING vibes!
And, good point... some of us could go at 37 weeks. I guess I just find it much easier to think I'll go at 42 and be pleasantly surprised if that's not the case. It WILL be sooo exciting to see the next birth posted!

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Wow, it's so funny I came upon this thread now. I was watching a movie a couple hours ago and fell asleep. I woke up with a majorly crampy, rock-hard uterus and cramping in my middle back, 2 things which up to this point I have never felt. The bhs I've been experiencing since 15 weeks have been totally comfortable and painless until now.

I tried to lie down again to continue my nap, but the bh ctx are just not going away, and they're strong! So I keep telling myself that no, I'm not in labor (I'm 37 weeks on Monday) and to chill out. I decided to come on MDC and here is this thread! Lol!

While I've been really hoping lately that I don't go into labor early (none of the baby clothes, diapers, or blankets we have are washed, we don't have a washer/dryer yet, we don't have a car seat yet, the house is NOT clean, no waterproof protection for the bed...the list goes on and on) it's exciting to think of the possibility I could be holding my baby in my arms in a few hours!

Could my excitement be making the bh ctx stronger or preventing them from stopping?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I thought i might have been going into labor monday night.. had ctx every 5-7 mins for about 3 hr so i called ob.. they told me to drink lots of water and rest for an hour.... finally after 2 hr they subsided .. tho when i went to my appointment on thursday they said i am 1 cm dialated.. i know i know nothing to get worked up about but hey at least i know they were doing SOMETHING. at first i thought they would just go away but they were regular for sooo long well it seemed like a long time.

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
See, BH are such a scam. I'm not going to fall for them ever again!!!!
Or until next one.

(I get them in patterns too. They are increasing with intensity these days, too. See... what SCAMMERS! Grrrrr, BH -- they know how to mess with a gal's mind!)

·
Registered
98 Posts
i just look at it this way if i go to bed and wake up in the middle of the night in pain it is probably real cuz i KNOW i will have been relaxing but until then i don't think i am even gonna bother telling nathan about em he get to worked up lol....

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gosh, your partner gets worked up over that stuff? See, mine and yours should get together to find some kind of balance. My Dh is more like, "You should be used to this by now. Are you pushing? No? Then, you're not in labor."

·
Registered
404 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spark
Are you pushing? No? Then, you're not in labor.
funny!

Scotty keeps over reacting to every little thing - which is maybe good becuase it causes me to counterbalance him by not over reacting (which I am soooo prone to doing!)

As for me, I've been having a ton of BH, lots of pressure way down low, nausea and diarreah and lower back pain. Not a comfy time.

·
Registered
98 Posts
This is his first.. he has been step daddy to my boys for 2 1/2 years now.. but never been through a pregnancy... both the boys were sleeping through the night when he met me..lol has no idea what he is in for.. anyways.. I have also come to the conclusion my breast pump is going to be my new best friend..... that way he can do a midnight feeding once in awhile

·
Registered
970 Posts
This was me this morning! My husband said why don't you call and I said "what do I say -- I'm 34 weeks and in pain?"

Quote:

Originally Posted by punkwoman1982
i just look at it this way if i go to bed and wake up in the middle of the night in pain it is probably real cuz i KNOW i will have been relaxing

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Hmm, no cry wolf signs here yet. But I'm not sure I'll know actual signs of labor from fake ones. My labor with DS was really quick and the ctx never got closer together, just stronger. So I guess when I'm having strong ctx that I have to breathe through, I'll know I'm in labor. I hope our midwife will have time to get here at that point!

Claire, Jason's comment was so funny - when you're pushing, you're in labor... um, ok, ha, ha.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spark
My Dh is more like, "You should be used to this by now. Are you pushing? No? Then, you're not in labor."

Oh, I had to laugh at this! My dh would do the same! During the first gallbladder attack I had (worst pain in my life -- far beyond ANY sort of labor pains... and yes, I explained this to him) I woke him in the middle of the night (2 a.m. maybe?) at 20 weeks along with Katherine saying something was not right and I was just going to have to go to the hospital. "Are you sure you can't sleep it off?" I went, grabbed my jacket, headed out the door, puked over the railing (good thing nobody else was up), then after Katherine was born had the darn thing removed because... well, it was sick.

Sleep it off. Don't worry, I don't let him forget it.

But back to the crying wolf bit... I guess during my previous pregnancies I was lucky in that my body never cried wolf. Heck, it never cried anything... hence the inductions and my vigilance this time to at least feel what it's like to go into labor on my own. Wait. I think I felt ONE contraction (prior to being induced) with Katherine.

I would *love* for some sort of wolf-crying around here. At least I could pretend it's real and that my body really does want to do this all in good time!!!

·
Registered
8,238 Posts
Quote:
"You should be used to this by now. Are you pushing? No? Then, you're not in labor."
Sounds like my dh! LOL Last night I kept waking up from the cramping and BH and would sit up and go OW OW OW and he would nudge in his sleep and be like "oh." Gee thanks. LOL

My uterus has been crying wolf alot too. I think it's just because I dont know what to expect even though I am not a first timer. I was induced with my son and I really think they were way off on my date and he was probably only 37 weeks ish so I dont think I got this far with him. I never felt what I do now so I am very curious each time it happens. I also thought the "false" stuff wasnt supposed to hurt and dangit, I HURT! I wont call the midwife to come until I have tears streaming down my face from the pain though, I would be so embarrassed if I called for BH and not the real thing.

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by DesireeH
I would be so embarrassed if I called for BH and not the real thing.
It's soooo hard to tell sometimes! With my first the MW's assistant came over in the middle of the night because my BH were 5 minutes apart lasting for a minute... getting closer together after 4 hours of them. And then by morning they had all petered out. What a pain! Sometimes the "rules" just don't apply! That was a whole 10 days before he was actually born. It kept happening over and over again... i'd be up with BH that were increasing in intensity, getting closer together and longer and then after hours and hours... nothing. I was really concerned I wouldn't know when i was in actual labor.

I always wanted a pregnancy where I'd just ignore BH and never think I might be in labor... but uh, I think it's just darn near impossible!

judybean -- SLEEP IT OFF!!! OMG!!! That's so rude and so hilarious all at the same time!

Yes, so my DH has a way with words. He really uses humor to make me laugh and make a point, too. He cracks me up. During our last labor, I was pretty far along and in between a ctx he said, "Hey! I just thought of something!"
I said, "Huh?"
He said something like, "This is the cool part. This is the best of life. And, it's all FREE!"

He meant that it was better than going to Hawaii or Jamaica and we didn't have to pay for a hotel or airfare. Of course we did have to pay for the MW, the raising of the child, my effort during labor, etc, but my mind wasn't following that logic at the time. i thought he was SO funny! I laughed until my next ctx... which was only like 5 seconds later, but I laughed about it between the next few ctx, too.

Disclaimer: Don't tell your partner about this technique unless you think you'd be receptive to it. I think a few people would have kicked him.

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
No wolf crying here either. I did overdo it a week ago by working in lab for 7 hours and then walking 2 miles home from work. I knew it wasn't labor, just my body telling me "too much."

Yeah, Phil attempted humor during my labor with DD. It didn't go over well. Aparently it was the nastiest look I've ever given him.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I don't think i'm getting any signs.

Then again i spend most of the day and night lying down and/or sleeping.

I'll be one of those people who wakes up with the babies almost born one fine day...I wouldn't mind that. Let's see.....

Kiran

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.