Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I havnt posted on here for a while, since before my son was born, and I finally have the time to actually sit down and type undisturbed now , so heres my first post for the year, my son Damodars birth story.<br><br>
I was woken at 5am, 4 days after my due due, with a mild cramp. I lay in bed wondering if this was it or if I had dreamt it. Id had mild cramping over the weekend but this one felt different. I felt another 'tightening' again and felt like I needed to go to the toilet. Our 2 y/o started to wake up, so I left him with my husband in bed and got up to go to the bathroom.<br><br>
I got my mobile to time the length inbetween the rushes and how long they lasted. When I saw they were regular and 30 seconds long, I knew this was the real thing. This was so exciting. It was still dark outside, the air was cool and I was all alone to get down to work. Perfect.<br><br>
My first birth was very painful, I was scared and out of my element (in hospital-I HATE them) This time I felt so positive and calm about the whole thing and had been visualising during my pregnancy for a good outcome.<br><br>
I imagined my cervix opening like a flower and cooling light flowing down through me, smoothing the rushes. I know it may sound a bit out there, but it worked!! As I breathed through each rush, kneeling over the couch, over the kitchen bench and on the floor, 2 hours past. I went back to the bedroom to tell my husband that the baby was coming and we lay together for the next few rushes. I was to and from the toilet constantly, emptying my bowels.<br><br>
It was about 7.30am, that I decided to run the bath. I had planned to birth in our bath as its very spacious and deep. I blocked of the window with a dark cloth as the sun was rising and it was too bright. When I hopped in the bath our 2 y/o Syam woke up and wanted to get in with me, so he stayed with me for the next 1/2 hour or so, as the rushes started to get more intense and close together. At one point I wanted Syam out, I wanted to be alone, so my husband took him out and I was in the bath alone. I was visualising my body opening, and the pain washed over me and away. My husband came back and suggested that I ring the midwife but I put if off for the next few rushes as I wasnt sure how far along I was, and knew I didnt want her there if I had a few more hours of this. I didnt want her there at all really, but my husband had insisted on it. I heard him ring her in the hall way.... she wasnt available... neither was the backup midwife. I thought for a second that I might get my UC birth I had been wanting. But hubby rang another midwife that hed been given the number of and that was that, she was 20 minutes away. I got him to ring my good friend who lives down the road to come over and believe it or not take pictures! She also doesnt have children yet and I wanted her to see a positive birth experience firsthand.<br><br>
The rushes were becoming more intense and overwhelming, and I bit and chewed on a wet towel while squatting and leaning over the side of the bath. I floated inbetween rushes not touching the sides of the tub and imagined I was in my own private ocean, dark and warm. I felt nausea wash over me and called for dh to bring me a bucket but nothing came. I cried and it occurred to me that I could have hours of this. It was not a good thought so I concentrated on relaxing my mouth making 'O's and visualising my cervix opening. My friend and the midwife arrived. She quickly went about setting her things out and I remember thinking what was the rush! But she kept telling me that I was doing so well and the baby was coming.<br><br>
Before I knew it those powerful rushes were turning into pushes and I cried out with each one. I was making terrible noises and I felt like a wild trapped animal, I wanted to get out of my body! As those pushes became stronger I felt babys head come down, and my waters burst. I leaned back to look down. A few minutes later his head emerged with one almighty push, then the rest of his body followed easily. The bathwater was flooded red and I held my baby to my chest, heaving and crying. Dh leaned in and we looked what sex the baby was.... a boy! We kissed and sealed the birth of our second son with love. I was high on love and the amazement of this perfect birth. Our boy was beautiful and latched on while we waited for the placenta. I rang my mum to announce the birth and after that birthed the plancenta. It was 8.30 am, 20 minutes after the midwife had arrived and 3 1/3 hours since the first rush. Dh got Syam from outside and we all gazed at and loved our new little arrival.<br><br>
This birth was a far cry from my first, where I was confined to a bed, epidural in my back, an IV line, and two monitor belts strapped to my belly and numerous internal checks.<br><br>
This birth was simply amazing and healing.<br><br>
Thanks for reading!!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
What a stunningly beautiful birth story! It sounds like you were such an amazing and empowered mama! Congrats on such a marvelous experience, and on your hadsome little baby boy!<br><br>
Thanks for sharing your story!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts