Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hm.. there are lots of 'worst parts' I suppose.. but.. for me (and dh will attest to this), the worst part is the hit the bank account takes while I wait. I've had two other children due around this time of year (dd1 and dd2) and they're conveniently due around the time the tax refund is deposited into the bank account... *sigh*

So... I'm waiting (technically just waiting for the plumber at the moment, but that's besides the point
).. and I just keep looking online at things I NEED.. like a Nikon d3000 to capture the perfect shots of this babe... or knitted wool cocoons and matching hats like this (even though .. um... I already purchased one -- and the one I got IS a lovely wool one!).... Or a bunny hat like this ... Or another cocoon like this ...

Or of course natural baby oils are always a soft spot for me... or of course maybe *I* need a nursing pillow.. or a nursing bra....

(yes, our tax refund is a nice amount... that said, it's already been earmarked for stuff like a new, sealed -- aka, not air-leaking -- front door, refinishing our giving-us-splinters hardwood floors, paying off the van payment, etc... but it's fun to dream
I figure any positive, excited thoughts towards baby are good ones!)

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha.. I'm happy to enable! lol

And my shopping is best online... I live in a five-stoplight town.. plus, dh took the van to work (south of town), so I'm stuck here...

I have a fascination with knitted items anyway since I can't knit. I can sew and LOVE to do so, but I can't knit.. so I love looking at knitted goods by others!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Judybean,
I'm SURE you could figure out how to make one of those photography props either sewing some microfleece or by learning to knit. There are knitting patterns out there too. I think I might ask my MIL if she'd like to do some knitting for me.

Thanks for sharing the links. I hadn't seen those before and they are really neat!

Amy

·
Registered
4,216 Posts
I think my DH would agree with yours. I keep finding things I "need" to buy. Stuff for the older kids, more baby stuff, school supplies, food items that will make life easier for me, yarn for my knitting projects.... Dh is like, "I'm really glad that we're making a little more money so you can splurge, but really, is *that* necessary? Do you really *need* that?" LOL!!! I think he'll be glad when the baby is born, and I have next to no time to be online anymore.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Oh, but there is all that time we will spend at the computers while nursing our little ones. At least for me! I totally know what you mean. I have bought several things on ebay over the last few weeks. I need to stop!

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I made a knitted cocoon! Sort of...its got drawstrings instead of being closed off so I can easily change her. And of course, its wool, so I can use it as a diaper cover
But its so cute, I need to use it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.