Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I loved looking at ChristyH's turkey stash, I think it was ChristyH

Anyway, do you have a theme. A specific print style that makes you want to buy buy buy?

Tell us about it, better yet, show us pictures of it.

I will try to do a little photo display of mine too,...

· Registered
4,837 Posts
I've got one main theme ... SOS diapers. :LOL

I've never thought about having one theme, cool idea though. I'd love to see pics of themed stashes!

· Registered
6,036 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Holli
I really want to use diapers as a way to introduce our girl to things that are important to us to help her learn about the world. I figure they are something that will be used repeatedly daily for years so may as well try to make it fun and educational!

Holli
That's awesome philosophy!

Off to look for some more printed dipes.....

· Registered
2,613 Posts
I have a few themes here too. I love Asian themed things, so we have a bit of an Asian themed stash. We also have a bunch of Pagan/Mythical/Fantastical/Celestial diapers and wool. And also holiday/seasonal themes, many of which overlap with the Pagan theme. I have just started a dragonfly collection too

· Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Holli, those are beautiful

I have a few mini themes too, but the main one is Hawaiian (we are Kama'aina). I would love more train prints bc DS is a major choochoohead

I also love seasonal stuff too, I didn't get any diapers this year but we have a few really cute wraps and pants.

ETA, I cannot wait to show DS some of your dipes Holli, he loves cats. Just for you, a pic of him with our cat Pua.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...a/ab3599aa.jpg

· Registered
2,666 Posts
We have several themes.
Let's see...

John Lennon prints because those were a favorite of DH's when DD was a baby. So I'd buy diapers in those prints as often as possible because he liked them.

I often ask him to pick out several of his favorite prints and then I pick the ones I like out of those when I order. Helps to justify...
:
: He can't get mad if he likes it too...

Asian prints especially Sushi! are because I love them. Dh thinks they are funny.
Hawaiian prints because DH likes them (so do I).
Batiks mainly for me but DH likes them too.
We also have quite a few "military" themed diapers/AIOs because DH was active duty then guard and not active duty again. I am also on a PRR Counting Sheep kick for DS#2.

I loved the Chicken Soup boutiques Dancing Ballerina Frogs for DD. We had (okay we still have them, I can't sell them even though they are girlie :LOL) 3 AIOs and 1 cover in that fabric. All Manyducks too.

My other "theme" is Side-Aplix now. I really love it over anything else. Some of the stash is in my sig line... I need to update some though.

· Registered
231 Posts
My "theme" tends to be either J.Lennon or PRR diapers. I think the PRR is mostly because I have lots of the fabric so I can make matching clothes (and this wee one will have lots of the clothes from past seasons since DD#1 outgrew them and we kept them).

Otherwise, penguins...we
penguins!

j

· Registered
6,183 Posts
Asian prints only please!!

I have some butterflies and fairytales, batiks (which I think are Asian) and retro/mod stuff. But mostly it is asian or plain. I dig plain hemp/ov or handdyed stuff. What I wouldn't give for some dipdyed diapers!

· Registered
5,519 Posts
We like frogs & butterflies & turtles & laurel burch the most. But we do also have lots of batiks and prr prints. At this point, though, everything fits really well with the group. The colors are fairly similar and everything. There are no random diapers left.

· Registered
2,000 Posts
I wish I could collect with a theme, but I am just lucky to get A diaper nevermind a special print. If I were to start theme buying it would be magic - like magicians, rabbits in hats, etc. I have yet to see any magic themed diapes, though. Where are those magic dipes WAHMs? And I'd love a Heart Felted ball with a rabbit coming out of a hat (
Claire)

· Registered
8,112 Posts
Wow, I never even thought about it... I love the idea, but I'm like a PP--I'm lucky to score any diaper I want, much less a nice print. My SP's are plain natural, and the only two FCB's I have are a tool print and a dinosaur print, so my girly girl wears those.

BUT....If I could...

I like nature prints, especially horticultural crops. And Harry Potter! I also have a thing for the color spectrum; I like rainbow stripes. And I'd like to do a collection of DH's interests--baseball, especially the St. Louis Cardinals, poker, billiards, bowling.

Wow, this is fun! I SO need a Fluffymail custom slot! :LOL

· Registered
1,463 Posts
I am very much into monkeys. I will always buy a dipe if it has monkeys on it. I also buy clothes, toys etc if they have monkeys on them. I am ALWAYS on the lookout!!! So if anyone ever sees monkey stuff, please let me know!! I will post pics of my monkey stash when I have more time (and when everything comes!!!)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.