Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Katy has been seeing the same PT since she was about 6 months old. We all love him and he's wonderful with her and really bonded with our family.
In February Katy was sick then I was sick and we ended up missing 3 sessions. When he came back after that, she took one look at him and started crying. We couldn't get her to do anything. It really was weird. This went on for about 3 weeks. We decided to meet at an indoor playground
to see if she reacted to him the same way and she did at first but by the time we left she was back to her old self with him and the next week we met at the same place and she was happy to see him again. So we came back to the house the following week and she was happy for a couple weeks and then all of a sudden now she doesn't want to do anything.
She just turned 2 in February, and I know some of her behavior is just the fact that she wants to be in charge and he wants her to try other stuff so it's a battle of wills....it's just frustrating and I hate to see her so worked up. I think she really likes her PT and I know kids don't always like doing PT and I know it wears her out some...just curious if this is a normal thing for her to be going through, if anyone else had a similar thing happen.
This last session she was fine till about half way through then she didn't want to cooperate so he just tried to follow her leads and see what happened. I hope next week she's back to her liking it again!

· Registered
4,448 Posts
Well, Juju was melting down in PT a few weeks ago. I was so frustrated I posted about it. I started using a product called Stress-J from Nature's Sunshine, and he started doing better. I don't know if it was the herbs or the phase just passed. We had a week break and that could have helped too. Now he's decided to grouch about ST. For Juju at least, I do think he goes through testing phases. I've been trying the old - try one time and then I'll let you alone thing.

· Registered
25 Posts
My 4 year old just started OT and PT this past week and he's having meltdowns and is refusing to do a thing. I've even started bribing him to get him to cooperate some. I know exactly what you mean about the meltdowns. It's really hard to know what to do. Good luck!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.