Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soo... I'm turning in what should be my final draft of my thesis at the beginning of March. I've got what should be an easy task ahead of me, as my professor has assigned specific changes.

But DD 8mo is teething, waking 6-10 times a night, and sometimes keeping me awake an hour at a time. She also just caught a cold. Dad works FT as a graphic designer and I am the SAHP. During the day she is okay to play by herself for about 1/2 hr at a time. Sleeps on me in the sling sometimes.

We haven't really got a childcare option. By the time my boyfriend gets home from work, I am dead tired and ready to sleep, but have got wicked insomnia now from being tired.

I am a zombie All Day Long. I have never been so tired in my life. Days I can get through, but at least once a night I have to get up and leave the room. Then DD screams until my boyfriend wakes up and gets her.

Any advice, cheers, stories of how you did it?

· Registered
2,185 Posts
Utilize every minute! When I was SAHP with DS PT, I utilized the weekends like my workdays and DH got weekends as SAHP.

to relax, and sleep - i might try some progressive relaxation. If you don't sleep and you don't get some time to yourself to focus, you'll never write anything coherant, trust me!

· Registered
1,266 Posts
Find the time that you can be most productive. At the age your child is, that might be 4-7 am, and I know that is early but really you just need a couple of weeks to bust out the edit. Don't let it drag out too long....

· Registered
390 Posts
my mantra was "Just get it done" meaning yeah It may not be the world's best but It's done. If i didn't chant that I'd still be writing mine editing it to "perfection"

I feel for you mama, My little one was born 4 weeks before I turned it in. I also wrote in the middle of the night while she nursed in a sling because she needed to be walked.... so a sentence a walk around the room another sentence....

just remember there is a light at the end of this tunnel.

· Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just wanted to say thanks mamas for the advice.... I tried the progressive relaxation and have been able to go to sleep with my daughter early in the evening. Now I've got my brain coming back, and I am gonna get it DONE!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.