Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a lil background...my boys and I share a room. DS#1 and I used to cosleep (he started out the night in his bed until he woke up and then he slept in my bed) until he started sleeping through and then his dad and I got married and he *didn't want any babies in our bed*
: anywho we've long since split (January) and I've given birth to ds#2 who sleeps exclusively in my bed. (ds#1 was sleeping through at about 6wks old) the problem is that he has his *awake* time from about 10pm-2am. most of the time he just wants to eat (awww) but sometimes he cries/screams...I have overactive letdown so I know why he does it but it is so hard to keep my cool when he is screaming/crying and Caleb is right there 2 feet away sleeping.

I'm not sure what the purpose of this post is...maybe just for support and for someone to tell me Its a phase and he'll outgrow it or something.

possibly tips on how to cope?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ugh, I would say that is the hardest thing for me about having two kids is that sense of panic when one may/does wake the other one up! My DD had a similar awake time, of course back then she was my only child, so I just hung out with her. Eventually she got on a better schedule, but we are still night owls. Fortunately at this point we can sleep late in the morning.

Do you use a lot of sleep cues? Bath, reading books, music, etc? How about doing some activity earlier in the evening to make him tired? I dunno. I'm sorry I'm not more help!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.