Mothering Forum banner

They fit, they fit!

331 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Basylica
I got a Wonderoos a few months ago and really liked the materials and design, but alas, they have been giving my dd horrible wing droop problems. I put then aside and was really sad to do so.

Well, last night I tried again and they fit just fine with no wing droop

Should I buy more? My dd is starting to PT but I think we have a few more months of diapering to go. Theoretically we can use them on the next baby..I think they would have fit dd well during the chubbo prewalking months but not from 14-23 mo.
See less See more
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
I can't make up my mind about these. Are they all suedecloth inners? And does the suedecloth feel weird? I don't know why I'm so turned off by the idea of suedecloth, I'd just rather have microfleece.

I'm on a pocket dipe kick after using only hemp and wool for a long time. But ds is the heaviest wetter I have ever had and I change him constantly but he still feels soggy so I like pockets right now. Does suedecloth keep them as dry as micro?

My guy is probably not going to last long in his small FBs, so Wonderoos would probably be way more economical in the long run. Though I wonder if you can really use them for the entire 2 or 3 yrs anyway? Don't pockets start wicking after a lot of use and washings?

Sorry for going off onto my own tangent. I'd love some thoughts/input though if you have any.
See less See more
Quote:
Though I wonder if you can really use them for the entire 2 or 3 yrs anyway? Don't pockets start wicking after a lot of use and washings?
The PUL they use seems nice and durable, I'd imagine that it would last as long as any other PUL cover. Hemp wears really fast in my hard water so I get far more longevity from PUL.

I definately don't think the fit would have worked from birth through PT, these are fron't snap and IME front snaps diapers in general are prone to giving wing droop problems at skinnier growth stages. However, if you have a an overall chubby proportioned baby or overall average proportioned toddler I'd imagine that the fit would be fine.

Quote:
I can't make up my mind about these. Are they all suedecloth inners? And does the suedecloth feel weird? I don't know why I'm so turned off by the idea of suedecloth, I'd just rather have microfleece.
The suedcloth does feel kinda wierd but wears much better than microfleece I bought my wonderoo moderately used but it looks and feels really new still. There's no way I could guess it's age from looking at. I don't find this to be the case with fleece lined diapers.
See less See more
Quote:

Originally Posted by natashaccat
The suedcloth does feel kinda wierd but wears much better than microfleece I bought my wonderoo moderately used but it looks and feels really new still. There's no way I could guess it's age from looking at. I don't find this to be the case with fleece lined diapers.

Well, I don't think suedecloth feels weird - I
how it feels. I have Wonderoos and Daisy-Doodles with suedecloth, and they look new, whereas everything I have that's fleece-lined looks used after only a wash or 2.
See less See more
I've got both wonderoos (12 now) and fuzzibunz (9 meds) and I actually PREFER the suedecloth.

Fleece tends to pill and look "used" and rougher the longer you use them.
Suedecloth can pickup lint, but looks spanky new after months of abuse.
Fleece leaves uhm...indents in the skin? you know, when you sleep on the sheets funny or whatever and they leave lines. Fleece does that to us, esp when he naps.
Suedecloth never leaves a mark!

I have almost all colored interiors too, which I love for the no-staining ability

I also like the leg openings in wonderoos better, they leave almost no marks (I've yet to have one) where fbs always leave a little bit of a mark :/
See less See more
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.