Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Call me a member of the conspiracy theory here , but I wonder when they'll retract this article too. Find out it was just a 'mistake'. I wish they'd stick to one study. (preferably the truth...that mercury is posionous and has no positive effect on us)<br><br>
I found this on Mercola.com. <i><b>disclaimer</b></i>The "I" statements and other personal observations belong to Dr. Mercola , not me. I happen to agree with him , but they aren't my observations.<br><div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">A new study indicates that exposure to thimerosal, a mercury preservative commonly used in a number of childhood vaccines, can lead to the development of autism-like damage in autoimmune-disease-susceptible mice. This is the first animal model to show that low-dose mercury can lead to behavioral and neurological changes in the developing brain. It reinforces previous studies that have shown genetic factors and environmental triggers appear to affect autism risk. Researchers say cumulative mercury exposure through other sources, including in utero exposures to mercury in fish or vaccines, may also lead to damage. The researchers found the autoimmune-disease-susceptible mice with thimerosal exposure had many features of autism spectrum disorders, including:<br><br>
Abnormal response to novel environments<br>
Behavioral impoverishment (limited range of behaviors and decreased exploration of environment)<br>
Significant abnormalities in brain architecture, affecting areas subserving emotion and cognition<br>
Increased brain size<br>
I highly recommend you read more on the link between autism and vaccines before deciding whether to vaccinate your infants.<br><br>
Molecular Psychiatry June 8, 2004</td>
</tr></table></div>

·
Registered
14,488 Posts
In my mind there is just no doubt about it - heavy metals injected into an infant are damaging. They can say what they want to, that's what I will always believe. And I have read about the combination of Mercury and Aluminum being even more damaging than either one alone.<br><br>
They make a fuss about it when the mother eats canned tuna during pregnancy yet, injecting it directly into the bloodstream is supposed to be less harm? Just doesn't make sense.<br><br>
I really respect Dr. Mercola for being a maverick in a field of sheeple. And here it is from<br><br><a href="http://www.scienceblog.com/community/article2939.html" target="_blank"><b>Scienceblog</b></a>

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>Gitti</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">They make a fuss about it when the mother eats canned tuna during pregnancy yet, injecting it directly into the bloodstream is supposed to be less harm? Just doesn't make sense.</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
yea - ITA that's my argument !!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts