Mothering Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tons of nice strong Braxton Hicks over the last few weeks. Lost part of my mucous plug two days ago so at my prenatal yesterday, I asked my midwife to do a vaginal exam...just wanted to know for sure he was still head down which he is and lodged in there nicely! I'm 3 cm dilated with a super ripe cervix, he's in a good position and I am feeling like things may happen in the next few days. Or...there is a full moon on Tuesday so maybe he will wait until then;)

Her overdue moms delivered-yay! We chose an assistant closer to my house since my midwife lives two hours away (she is also a CNM so I feel in very good hands) My doula will be my "soulful presence" and my hubby will be taking pictures xo

Went shopping one last time today to stock up on everything and am nesting like crazy, folding baby clothes and setting up my room to birth in. Working from home tomorrow and then we shall see...

I'm getting so excited to meet him xoxo

·
Registered
8,706 Posts
Woohoo! That is exciting!

And yeah, I'm pinning a few hopes on the full moon too. :p DS was born the night after the full moon. I considered sleeping with the curtains open from now until the moon's full, but it's winter and I doubt DH would be thrilled with that plan...

·
Registered
380 Posts
Oh hurray! I look forward to hearing your birth story! So exciting.
I feel the same re: nesting. I can't stop myself from doing really big housecleaning jobs. Because we are moving end of July I picked up boxes today and am desperate to pack away all our winter things, and anything else we can't use for now. We get possession June 15, so I'd love to get all the crap out of our apartment before the baby arrives and just make it a beautiful, chill birth space.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Keeping an eye out for news from you, fireflies :) heres to a smooth labor and baby in arms soon!!

·
Registered
618 Posts
I keep thinking that things are happening. I'll have some pretty intense Braxton Hicks contractions that feel like what I remember from early labor but then they putter out. I am reminding myself that not all babies are ready at the same time, and that this baby must just need more time than my first 2. Really hoping the baby comes soon, though.

·
Registered
468 Posts
TMI but my system seems to be clearing itself out since last night and I keep getting headaches. I'm trying to drink water and eat protein but my appetite is all but gone. I wonder if this is the week. I'd love for baby to hold off one more week. We are asking my Dad to move tomorrow by next weekend so I can just be us and the baby.

·
Registered
380 Posts
you can add me to the list! I;ve had cramps for the last day or so. And my nesting instinct is CRAZY! But I also am trying to ignore things until they are upon me and I cant ignore them!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Ahhh this thread is making me so exciteD!!!! Can't wait to see who comes next :) I'm with @RachelCap though, nothing solid here yet, so I'm trying not to pay too much attention (but its hard :)) Keeping my eye on all you ladies!!!

·
Registered
824 Posts
I've lost some of my plug, or maybe all I can't tell. I've had a few bouts of contractions that would just start to get regular and then fizzle out instead. Lots of cramping too. Hopefully this means that at least my cervix is doing something.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I feel like as a third time mom, I should be able to tell the difference between BH and early labor contractions. But with each pregnancy, the BH get stronger, and the labor ones are less painful. I have had some type of contraction coming regularly for the past 2.5 hours, but they aren't painful. Barely uncomfortable really. Frustrating.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Uh, oh... lower back pain, cramps and pink when I wipe. Hope the baby can hold off a bit... I am exhausted from cooking and cleaning most of yesterday.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Uh, oh... lower back pain, cramps and pink when I wipe. Hope the baby can hold off a bit... I am exhausted from cooking and cleaning most of yesterday.

This was me a few nights ago, it then fizzled out to nothing. I was unamused.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I will be quite relieved if it fizzles out. Today is our official anniversary, tomorrow is my birthday. Wednesday is our next appointment so I can be patient!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Wow, busy couple of days! Hopefully you don't have to change a bunch of plans then!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Still here and having a few more of what feels like real contractions. MnMtm I am wondering if it could be similar to yours!

I was sooooo teary and emotional yesterday and upset with DH, so thought maybe last night would be the night but nope.

Lotsa sex today and walking and just enjoying each other and family time.
So, I guess today or tomorrow seem like a perfect day to have a baby.

Reactions: MnMtm

·
Registered
618 Posts
fireflies- I hope that it is and that you have a baby in your arms soon!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts