Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you know any natural deterents for wasps, hornets ect..<br>
I don't want to buy anything toxic like RAID. Is there a natural alternative?

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
They sell fake wasp nests to scare away real ones, they figure another hive has your territory. There are chemical free traps or you can build one out of a 2liter bottle with the top inverted as a funnel and water to drown them, with something sweet to lure them in. If you have a hive on your property have it removed of course.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
<span>Citronella is a natural insect repellant, also as the pp said you can make a wasp trap one way i've read about is getting an almost empty jam jar make sure it's very sticky, half fill with water or juice and put that outside away from your house so that the wasps go in but then get stuck and drown.</span>

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
what about getting rid of the hives themselves? our property used to be an apple orchard and there are ALWAYS hives here. I mean, under the wood shingles on our rented house(read: nothing we can do about it), under the lip of the garbage can, inside the mailbox, inside the outside front light, hanging from the deck railings, etc etc etc. They are a major nuisance and spraying them full throttle with the hose only does so much to discourage them. I always end up resorting to Raid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts