Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of becoming a foster mom to a baby and I am intrigued by cloth diapers. The problem is I don't know where to start. I am so confused about all the types, fabrics, what sizes to get... Can someone help...PLEASE!!!!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Good for you and child on the Fostering,

Good for you thinking about using cloth, keep going and don't turn back you won't regret it, just ask for help along the way and cut yourself slack in getting a routine down and you will do JUST fine.

There are some good resources I believe in the diapering board here.

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the links. I remember my mother using cloth with my brothers (times sure have changed from the days of diaper pins and rubber pants!). I have a feeling I am going to be in for a few big discussions about this with my husband. He's going to think I've gone off my rocker!

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Good for you for considering cloth

I've only been using cloth on my 10 month old for about a couple months and will NEVER got back to diaposables.

I have tried soo many kinds and find myself using prefolds folded and laid in a velro wrap diaper cover. I have Fuzzi Bunz, and fitted, which are nic, but the Prefolds in wraps are my favorite. Never get stinky, easy to use. I would suggest a few fitteds or Fuzi Bunz for nights though.

This company has a great paper catalog that teaches you how to cloth diaper. I still love flipping through it. (not affiliated, just liek the company)

Babyworks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.