Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine will all be handmade, and some will be made of natural materials if I can source them without breaking the bank. The domain name I wanted is available too.

If I can find enough I'm going to try and source salvaged materials like clothing and coats for fabric, and old purses for hardware.

I've been looking at fabrics all day online and I'm fairly bursting to get started!

So what do you look for in a purse/bag? I like making purses because all the ones I've looked at are just darned ugly or impractical.

Thoughts? Ideas?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I like the sling bags, where the one big strap goes over your shoulder. The little frou-frou totes I see alot of people making just don't work for me.
I think that's a great idea to use salvaged hardware and fabrics too! Good luck!

·
Registered
9,299 Posts
I will tell you what I did when I made my own purse a few months ago.
I figured out what items I use the most / have to find quickly on short notice. For me, that was: Chapstick, gum, Checkbook/pen, ID/credit card. I made separate hidden zipper pockets for all these, accessible from the outside of the purse. Chapstick and gum were in one, checkbook and pen in another, IDs and credit cards in the 3rd.
Then I made a big main pocket for all the other stuff that ends up in a purse.
This is easily the best purse I have ever had, as I can get the things I need quickly- and when in the car I don't have to dig for chapstick if I need it.
That is what I wanted in a purse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.