Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering TTC and have a 2.5 year old nursling. I'm just looking for some insight and feedback about what it might be like for our nursing relationship if I do get pregnant. She is not ready to stop; I'd like her to slow down but am not ready to stop, either. This decision is being bumped up a bit and I am just trying to weigh all the factors. Thoughts?

·
Registered
505 Posts
My dd is younger; 20 months, but when I got pregnant, she started nursing all the time! It luckily does not hurt; I am hoping to tandem nurse. I think every nursing relationship is different, and mamas and kids have different and unpredictable responses to pregnancy. Good luck!

·
Registered
901 Posts
I don't have lot of advice, but I'm in your position.

DD is 14mo, and we'd like to start TTC within the next 6 months. She's a high-needs tot that loves to nurse - I often don't ovulate.

For TTC, My best advice would be to get Taking Charge of Your Fertility, and learn your cycles. The ladies on the boards at www.tcoyf.com would probably have some advice as well. Other resources would be Ina May's Guide or www.kellymom.com.

For impact on your DD, I'd check out Mothering Your Nursing Toddler, Adventures in Tandem Nursing, or the Toddler board here.

HTH!

·
Premium Member
2,748 Posts
Hi. My experience, I got af back when ds was 16 mos, I got pg on my 2nd cycle when he was 23 mo. Nursing was a blessing at first because I was so sick, I really couldn't get off the couch sometimes so I would nurse him there. I was pretty sore for the first few months, sometimes I just had to refuse to nurse him because it hurt too bad. But the tenderness and the morning sickness went away and I was so glad I hadn't weaned him. I read a lot about tandem nursing and nursing while pg, the book the pp reccd was great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.