Mothering Forum banner

Thinking of starting a No-Circ chapter

558 Views 8 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  +stella+
I was thinking of starting a No-Circ chapter in my city (Dayton, OH), or something similar. I would like to set up tables at health expos, holistic fairs, and the Dayton Area Pagan Pride Day with info and handouts. Has anyone done something like this in your hometown? How did you go about it? Do you have any tips/ideas for someone wanting to do this?
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Great idea. These area chapters really make a difference. In my city, we call our NOCIRC group "Foreskins for Keeps" and we have gathered together about 13 people who were in contact with Nocirc and Marilyn passed their names on to us. If you contact her, she'll have contacts for you, too. You can also search the Ashley Montague petition site for people in your area. We have a video night coming up on Fri (tomorrow) in honour of Genital Integrity Awareness Week. I've sent emails about it to everyone in my address book. We have local speakers from time to time, we go to political debates and speak up, we write letters to local authorities, try to drum up press. . . . there's lots you can do as a group that seems daunting as an individual. Every action helps.
Baybee
I wanted to, but I don't want to have to put my home address and phone number on the webpage.
If I can get a PO box sometime, and if they'll scramble the info so the phone #'s can't be harvested, I would like to.
See less See more
Quote:

Originally Posted by paquerette
I wanted to, but I don't want to have to put my home address and phone number on the webpage.
If I can get a PO box sometime, and if they'll scramble the info so the phone #'s can't be harvested, I would like to.
You can choose as much or as little info listed as you're comfortable with. Even just an email address is fine.

Jen
See less See more
I just checked the NoCirc site and there's already a chapter here. It must not be very active - I've never seen anything. Maybe I can do something about that.
how should i go about getting involved? my chapter only has an address, snail mail? seems so weird. what have you others done when its just been an address?
If there's already a chapter in your city, and you want to get involved but there's only a snail mail addy, I'd give Marilyn a call or email her and see if she can help you get into contact faster.

There's always the possibility of helping the chapter out or becoming a co-director.

If there's not one in your city, you can create one.

There are several states that have more than one chapter...so, don't let that deter you.

Jen
Could someone please post a link where to find your local NoCirc chapter

I googled it and got a website ...it was a bit old skool , cool, whatever but i could not find a link to local chapters ....
TIA
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.