Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have thinning hair and use something.

Mine has been thinking for 2 yrs and it has now gotten to the point where it is comming out in small clumps and you can see my scalp completly.I cannot wear my hair down at all,it has to be in a pony tail at all times otherwise I look like a balding old man.

· Registered
1,003 Posts
Did this start happening post pardum or is it more of a genetic thing? It happened to a friend of mine after having her daughter and she said that it is a fairly common hormonal reaction that can last up to a year pp.

· Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No the women in my family have slight thining but not as bad as mine.It started about 5 years ago.First it was my bangs and in the past year its been the top of my head I guess you call it the crown area.

· Registered
567 Posts
Have you had your thyroid tested? I just recently found out that mine isn't functioning as well as it could be in my second trimester. My hair has been falling out ever since this pregnancy started. It was normal a couple months before pregnancy - and in first trimester. Anyway, if you have any other symptoms of thyroid issues you might want to check it out.... google hypothyroid.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.