Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
walnuts, ice cream, avocados, salads galore and hummus/soy cheese veg sandwiches - and eggs! What have your pregnancy "staples"/go-to foods been? I feel i have devoured the above the whole pregnancy. my daughter was built on cottage cheese, walnuts and blueberries!!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Eggs, chicken, V8Fushion, dairy (I normally can't digest it, so I've been going crazy with it!), bread (I always love bread) and pretty much whatever other meat I can get.

Meat and cheese. He is his father's son!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
This baby was built on cheese, cheese, peanut butter, clementines, bagels, eggs, oh and did I mention cheese.
eat.gif

DS was built on watermelon, cheeseburgers and fries.
bag.gif

·
Registered
268 Posts
Eggs, whole milk, spinach, grapefruit, multi-grain bread, various humane/organic meats (quite a trip for me as I'm vegetarian), pasta, nuts, Ovaltine (which I crave sooo much), ice cream, kidney beans, cannellini beans, pizza...I'm getting hungry...

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Haha! Fun!!!

This baby was built on ...

Smart Dogs, Ruffles, apples, bananas, peanut butter, and QUIZNOS. I think me and baby, together, kept Quiznos in business this year.
eat.gif

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Hah, nachos with fake cheese
redface.gif
Also cornflakes with milk. Those are the two "meals" that come to mind immediately.

Really though, let's see. Lots and lots of dairy, lots of bread/grain products, various combinations of dairy and grains, bananas, strawberries, apples, peanut butter, honey-cashew bars, too many bic macs. Wow, I have had the most stereotypical girl baby appetite ever.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nald1 View Post

funny- me too with the dairy. Do our bodies adjust to allow digestion/ Seems strange since my digestive system has been off and on this whole pregnancy
I don't know but I do know that I've been craving dairy like crazy the whole time. I usually like dairy but don't eat it nearly so much.

·
Registered
74 Posts
MILK! Milk has been my number one craving, I can devour like half a gallon a day! Cereal, mangoes, oranges, amazing cheeseburgers from this awesome campus diner close to our house, strawberries, popsicles, anything with rice, hotdogs with cheese in crescent rolls.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Mmm this baby was built on potatoes in every form. Mashed, baked, loaded, fried, wrapped up in a breakfast burrito, etc. Lots of ice cream, eggs, Chipotle burritos. I think I know where all my weight gain came from ;)

·
Registered
402 Posts
lol, this is fun.

My baby was built on whole milk, eggs, turkey, apples, chocolate haagen dazs ice cream, carrots, and baked potatos.

I feel really really lucky that I didn't crave a lot of unhealthy stuff because this list probably would be atrocious if I had. The only thing I couldn't resist every now and then was cheap white grocery store cake, for some reason I can't stop thinking about it!

Anyone else addictied to crunching on ice? That's another weird pregnancy development for me.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
PB&J sandwiches and tears.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Nachos (with the fake cheese when I could get it! Mmm!), burritos, peanut butter and jelly, pizza, cheese, milk and lately chocolate!

And JBouck - they say that wanting to chew on ice is a sign of anemia, so check that one! :)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.