Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I have been selling off my exotic stash full of variety and hyena items for two reasons.I need the money and also I have been dealing with stress and depression so I want to make diapering simple. I have slowly been trying to build up a collection of Bum-Ware and VB AIOs.I love them.Trim, absorbent, and easy.

But today ds has an irritated patch on the inside of one thigh.I have had him in the AIOs all day and it is getting worse.It is right where the diaper is touching him so obviously it is rubbing on him.I don't understand , I thought this was an issue with serged diapers.

I really just want to cry whenever I think about it.The last thing I need is to start stash shopping all over again.

Just needed to vent

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
Oh NO!

I hope you get it figured out soon! Maybe it's just a fluke and everything will be fine tomorrow.

Here's sending "no rash" and "Happy Mama" vibes to you!

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
May it just be a fluke!

Jaime, I'm so sorry you're going through this right now.
I'm wishing you peace and a simplified stash that works well.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks so much everyone.
you all.

I am going to go back to fitteds and wool until it clears up and then try the AIOs again.

I am wondering if anyone else has ever had this problem with these types of AIOs.Guess I should start another thread and ask :LOL

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
That sucks. I hope it is something else. I have both of these diapers but only use them on the rare occasion DD wears jeans/pants so we don't use them a lot. Her bum gets too red if I use AIOs a lot.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by SEEPAE
maybe its an elastic thing? I know the elastic in VBs is thin and it left marks on DS's crotch area and back
What do you mean by thin? I don't know anything about sewing.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
I dont know anything about sewing either :LOL I just mean the width of it and the way it is sewn together. they use 1/4" elastic and sew it a certain way they make the outside(PUL) roll inwards and it left marks right in the crease of his thigh.(I tend to lean towards liking dipes with loose elastic which is one reason I like side snap the best, because I can make the leg looser by staggering the snaps)

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Awww.. we went through a stage where turned diapers left marks on my dd too. It was like she changed shape and things just rubbed her the wrong way if they were turned style and ALL our covers except the two I'd made with really soft FOE (new conceptions pattern) and one fleece cover we had that didn't work well.. motherease, bummis, prorp.. even bumpy day bothered her(we didn't do wool then). What I did, since 90% of our stash was that way, was use fleece liners that were wider than the diaper and I let it hang over the edge where the elastic was. It's not pretty, but it did get us through that stage.. even used the liners sideways. Most of ours were quick dry so I tucked the liner under the soaker.. just so there would be fleece over the elastic.

Anyway.. my dd did grow out of it. It was like about the time she really got kinda chubby and started movign around a lot more.. I think it must have been chaffing (powder on that area really helped a ton). When she changed shape just a TINY bit, it went away and we've never had another problem with it. Give it a little time. I'd guess they'll be just fine soon enough.

Amber

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hugs...I know how you feel about selling off the best stuff for $$$$. I hope that the wool and fitteds clears things up and you can figure out if maybe it is just one diaper that made it bad. Hopefully you new toned down stash will work out for you.

·
Banned
87 Posts
I bought all pockets and AIO in NOv. Then both my DC got nasty rashes from the PUL i think I put them back in CFP and only fitteds and using Wool cover/soakers/longies and the rashes are gone I am jsut now getting my stash where it needs to be Id liek a few more fitteds but over all ahppy with it
I understand your frustation

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.