Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DD came to me about ten minutes after I took off her diaper this evening and said "Need to go pee pee in potty"

I took her over to her potty - which she has sat on for months maybe 30 seconds at a time - mostly just for fun, she has never gone. She sat down and I almost fell right over when I heard a tinkling sound! She got up and lo and behold there was about two tablespoons of pee in the potty! Incredible! Absolutely incredible! I praised and praised her and went all out. I got her a
little piece of chocolate - she never gets to have candy.

Then we put her little leggings back on - no diaper. She comes over five minutes later and says again "need to pee pee in potty"

Thinking it's just a novelty I go take her and she sits and about two cups of pee come out! I can't tell you how over the moon this has put me. She wanted to carry the potty to the toilet and empty it and then flush. wow! What fun!

Just yesterday her behavioral evaluator asked me about her toilet thing and I said she had no interest and the lady agreed she felt dd was not developmentally ready yet...

This just encourages me more than you guys can know. I feel like there's hope, that this kid will get a lot better with treatment and intervention. She's been on Super NU thera for 6 weeks and I do believe it is helping.

I just had to share becasue this is the lightest and most encouraged my heart has felt in months.

Thanks for letting me share!

· Registered
4,703 Posts
Dumping - I totally get it. My 16 month old son is very delayed physically, and he is finally (after a lot of help from me) managing to roll himself over and sit up (with a huge amount of effort).

And when he first did it, I was so proud of him and so happy. Something that I took for granted with my older two children was so exciting when ds finally did it.

I do get it - and I think others do as wel. It's just that this forum doesn't get as much traffic, and I think when people come to this forum, it's often with a problem they are looking for advice on, you know?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.