Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was an interesting day. Though, to be honest, not really that much more interesting than any other day.

I had PLANNED on working (at home) in the morning, and going and having lunch with my beloved around 1. At 10:45, my mom asked me to pick her up at a garage where they had to do major work on the car. The moment I got out of the shower, she called BACK to say "Nevermind, she was just going to junk the car and go to the Toyota place and buy a new car."

This did freak me out a little...because my mom would NEVER buy a car from a foreign car dealership. So while getting dressed, I try and talk her into stopping at a SBUX for us to meet AND I'm calling my brother and a family friend to "talk my mom off the mountain".

Mom and I meet at SBUX, chat and calm down. Then, DH calls and says he's ready for lunch and we all go together. This almost NEVER happens with my DH's schedule. NEVER.

Afterward, I take Mom home, get her a rental car for her to take the weekend and go to a friend's house and then come home to wait for the grading service to come level our yard for a pool! THat done, I go have dinner with DH.

On the WAY to dinner, I start to get lower back pains. And then through dinner, I had bouts nausea, lower back pains AND heavy discomfort in my lower abdomen (right under the baby). Totally distracting.

After supper, I went to TGT and walked around for about 30 minutes...and things seemed to calm down a bit. I got back in the car...and it all started up again. Now I'm home...and he is VERY active...but the discomfort seems to have subsided for a bit.

According to MY dates, I'll be 36w on Sunday. According to the OB, I'm 34w. And my MW said I was measuring 28w on the 2nd of June. However, this little one has measured very small his entire incubation...so that doesn't really concern me. And, I've not had any "leaking" out of the girls at ALL.

We have NOTHING prepped. NO birthing supplies, no nursery, dipes aren't washed. NOTHING!

With tonight's show, should we be stepping-up preparations at a break-neck speed. His original EDD was July 17th. Our first u/s showed July 29 and then the second showed 8/6. I KNOW they are estimations...but we don't want to be caught off-guard.

Thank you for getting through all of this!

Mrs B

·
Registered
379 Posts
Have they ruled out IUGR? The fact that the baby seems to be getting further behind for dates the farther you get doesn't seem right to me... my DD had IUGR.

Otherwise, I would probably start making sure things are ready... but I have also noticed that I have more contractions (and more serious feeling contractions) when I am in the car. I think it's positional... Drink lots of water, take it easy... maybe ask about the IUGR thing, they can do an ultrasound and check blood flow through the cord to diagnose it, and it can be sort of a big deal and something that should be watched fairly closely.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your response!

It took me forever to get to sleep last night...but I have slept well, and am decently refreshed (for a preggo woman) this morning!

We have been to an OB twice for U/S this pregnancy, but are seeing an MW for our regular prenatal care. When we went back for the second U/S (20wk), my mom asked the OB about the small size of the baby. And he said that was A-OK with him.

Of course, the funny thing when people will mention how small I am at 8mo and such is that I'm only 4'9". And I think that is why no one has shown concern for Eddie's smallness in measuring. Our OB suggested that he'll be somewhere between 5-6# at birth. And my MW has encouragement me to have some "preemie" clothing/diapers on hand. (Not that he'll BE a preemie...but size and such).

I didn't think about the car thing! I have begun to notice in the past two weeks that I don't particularly care for car rides. I tire much more easily when getting in and out and in and out than I used to. In fact, I LOVE to do garage and estate sales on the weekend...and I have pretty much suspended that activity.

I have two small errands this morning...and I'll pay attention to how they work with my body.

Thank you again!

Mrs B

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.