Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,823 Posts
oh my gosh! when i read the post i thought it was a vaginal birth and couldn't click on the link fast enough. i kept wondering how that was possible.
still incredible though!

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Wow!!!! thats awesome! and amazing!

·
Premium Member
45,396 Posts
I was watching the news last night with the kids, and my 6yo was wondering why the babies were crying. It was a good teachable moment (or indoctrination moment lol) as I explained that they weren't ready to be born, didn't get to come out and lie on their mom and nurse, that babies are not supposed to be treated like that (the bit of video we say they were roughly rubbing the babies with towels, not sure why.).

There has been no mention at all of the dad.

·
Premium Member
8,592 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishmommy View Post
The dad of the babies? He was on the video, looking quite proud- in my opinion.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by StephandOwen View Post
The dad of the babies? He was on the video, looking quite proud- in my opinion.
Yes, if you keep watching the video, you will see the interview with the father and the grandmother of the babies.

God bless these little girls!

·
Registered
18,562 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishmommy View Post
I was watching the news last night with the kids, and my 6yo was wondering why the babies were crying. It was a good teachable moment (or indoctrination moment lol) as I explained that they weren't ready to be born, didn't get to come out and lie on their mom and nurse, that babies are not supposed to be treated like that (the bit of video we say they were roughly rubbing the babies with towels, not sure why.).

They usually do that to get them to breathe better or have better circulation. I was not able to view the tape, but if they were crying then they probably didn't need to be rubbed like that.

I think it would be pretty hard for conjoined twins to be born vaginally.

·
Premium Member
45,396 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by USAmma View Post
They usually do that to get them to breathe better or have better circulation. I was not able to view the tape, but if they were crying then they probably didn't need to be rubbed like that.

I think it would be pretty hard for conjoined twins to be born vaginally.
I figured the first, and there is no way these could have been born vaginally, but I didn't want my kids to think that c-sections and being treated like that is the norm.

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
Wow, that was amazing. All I can think of is where or not I could nurse conjoined twins, hmmm....at the same time? Would I have to pump and feed one with a bottle while the other nursed? That family seemed hugely smitten with the babies, how wonderful. It was mentioned that the mother is still in a wheelchair. I was walking within 24 hours, perhaps far less, of having my 2 c-sections. I wonder if she had complications.

·
Registered
18,562 Posts
Yes, good point!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts