Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"May I ramble?"

"Of course....Go for it"

I feel like I know everything, yet nothing at the same time. I feel like I idealized parenthood and that In way one way or another I will resign myself to these crazy "idealizations" and just go with the flow because no matter how hard I try (or not) my child(ren) will always have his hjhsdjshdhkjksdjs opinions on his upbringing.

I wish I knew what I know now, and respected my mother enough to know that she knew something that I would unfortunately have to come to learn myself. I know that we want to grow up so fast, yet don't know why, and then when we do finally "grow up" and start a family that we wish we could go back in time and embrace that moment in time.

I now realize that that life goes by all too fast, and that before we even realize it our children are grown, and if we are lucky we have not "lost" ourselves.

I am only 25, but I feel I am so old and young at the same time. I don't know that I even know myself, I don't know that anyone reall does and yet in the same breathe I feel everyone does. I know that I feel stuck and that I am missing out on something, but deep down know that if I was single and ready to mingle that I would have similar thoughts.

Thanks for letting me babble out some random thoughts =)

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
whachya been smokin? just kidding.. no i know just what you mean, its funny how the more you know the more you realise how much you don't know lol. i guess there are things we just have to learn through experience ... if we only took an elders word for everything there would never be progress. i guess that is the thing about being a parent, being able to let our kids learn all these things we already know on their own... and its hard

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Yep, I get ya'.

I also feel old, especially bc I am turning 29 in a few months! I am happy for the realization that I don't know everything bc I remember being much more judgemental and rigid in my thinking in my early 20s. I think it's sad when people go their whole lives thinking they are always right.

I also sometimes think that everyone else has it together except me which can be disheartening sometimes. I just try to remind myself that we never really know what's going on in others' lives and that everyone else is trying to figure it out just like me.

Okay, enough introspection for the morning, I haven't even had any coffee yet!

·
Registered
7,279 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tanyam926 View Post
Yep, I get ya'.

I also feel old, especially bc I am turning 29 in a few months! I am happy for the realization that I don't know everything bc I remember being much more judgemental and rigid in my thinking in my early 20s. I think it's sad when people go their whole lives thinking they are always right.

I also sometimes think that everyone else has it together except me which can be disheartening sometimes. I just try to remind myself that we never really know what's going on in others' lives and that everyone else is trying to figure it out just like me.

Okay, enough introspection for the morning, I haven't even had any coffee yet!

:

I was just reading through some papers I wrote a few years ago (I was 23?) about life, or whatever... things I felt strongly about - it was in college. Shocking how different my viewpoint is just a few years (and two children) later.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dearcory View Post
I wish I knew what I know now, and respected my mother enough to know that she knew something that I would unfortunately have to come to learn myself. I know that we want to grow up so fast, yet don't know why, and then when we do finally "grow up" and start a family that we wish we could go back in time and embrace that moment in time. [/I]
I love how you put this ... I guess its a good reminder to embrace this moment in time too

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.