Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sneezed. And peed my pants.

It was really mortifying (well, it wasn't a lot so no one KNEW, but I knew, and I'm sure the look of shock on my face could have drawn some attention), I've heard that as a pregnancy "thing" before, but it's never actually happened to me!! sheesh!
I had to share this lovely detail with my DDC.....

·
Registered
353 Posts
Ha!!

You know, when I was pregnant with DS, I used to get up in the morning before DH, so I was responsible for feeding our dogs and letting them outside. I used to feed the dogs, let them out, and then pee. Well, one morning, as I was getting farther along in pregnancy, I was in the process of feeding the dogs, and I sneezed before I had peed. You guessed it...I peed my pants! At least I was at home, and from that day on, I peed before taking care of the crazy dogs!

:)

·
Registered
947 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by *mama moose* View Post
I sneezed. And peed my pants.

It was really mortifying (well, it wasn't a lot so no one KNEW, but I knew, and I'm sure the look of shock on my face could have drawn some attention), I've heard that as a pregnancy "thing" before, but it's never actually happened to me!! sheesh!
I had to share this lovely detail with my DDC.....

I could have written your entire post!!!
I'm also on my third pregnancy and just 1 week ago I sneezed with a semi-full bladder....and peed my pants
I was mortified and waddled into the bathroom...my hubby trailing behind me. I just yanked down my pants in front of him and he was like- "Did your water break?!!" Ummm no honey, it didn't....
"Ohhhhhh" as he leaves the room giggling....Jeesh.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Me too! #3 preg here and it happens a LOT! Only a little bit, but it's like I have to cross my legs if I feel a sneeze coming on. It sucks. I know I should be doing Keigals more but I hate to
I flew to Denver 2 weeks ago and wore a pad on the plane "just in case", how pathetic is that?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Been there. It didn't happen with me until my 3rd pregnancy, either. I always kind of attributed that to not having a vaginal birth until my second.

Now I'm to the point where strong coughs will do it. I also find that I feel like I "leak" if I'm vomiting. Not fun for morning sickness. I have to contort into some interesting positions. I do kegels all the time. Doesn't help much. I have to brace all muscles down there, including my abdominal muscles, when I cough or sneeze. They seem to pull a lot easier now.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I sneeze and pee too!
It's one of the lovely things us mamas get to go through. Kegels don't help me much either. I think it has more to do with the weight of the uterus on the bladder. The kids think it is so funny that mommy pee's her pants when she sneezes.

·
Registered
983 Posts
BTDT. And I've had a sinus infection this week so I actually had to wear Tena bladder control pads because I just couldn't change my underwear that much. My husband thinks this is hilarious.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I am so glad that I am not alone!!! I walk my dogs in a field after work and I have had a cold lately and the cold weather especially really makes me cough. You should see me - every cough, I have to stop and squeeze everything I can think off - I can't walk and hold it at the same time!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Ummm...this happens to me pregnant...or not. I pee when I cough, sneeze, or vomit. It's truly a problem. I also find that even if I go to the bathroom before a sneeze or cough I still release something.

At this point Kegels are not cutting it. My doctor has suggested I see a urogynocologist after I'm done having kids. Apparently there is a simple outpatient procedure that can fix it. This kid is hopefully #2 of 3 so it's going to be a while before I can stop crossing my legs when I sneeze.

·
Registered
161 Posts
You're just getting that now on your 3rd?! Lucky you!!

I had it with all 3 pregnancies and even sometimes in-between! The worst is when I've had headcolds, and also we laugh a lot around here at the silly antics of my 2 kids. So basically, I use a lot of pantyliners during my first and third trimesters, and all the time I make sure to stop and cross my legs and *squeeze!* when I am out walking and feel a sneeze coming on.

It sure is a good impetus to get me off the sofa or away from the computer to go pee *proactively* whenever I feel even slightly bladder-full. You can never know when a pesky sneeze (or a good laugh) will sneak up on you...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.