Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, so maybe the three other kids have something to do with it, but I am so floored by this pregnancy (both in the sense that it is unplanned and just physically unable to do the simplest things lately). My personality is complain about it, but then SUCK iT UP , so it is really making me mad. we have stuff strewn about everywhere, dirty and clean laundry eating us alive, the kids spend all day playing with envelopes and reading each other stories. i barely make them lunch and change the babe's diapers some days. today i loaded the dishwasher, washed and dried dipes, and made a chili (one of my better days) but i spent so much time in bed that i read the entire novel drowning ruth. i feel like i am neglecting everyone and everything. please let this pass in the next two weeks (this is my 10th week). thanks for letting me vent. i will probably go back to bed again now while my poor dh does all the necessary stuff.....

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
It'll pass.... give yourself the time you need. You deserve some time to lie around and read books! You're doing an important job (both inside your body and out) and it can be draining. Honor that.

Take care

·
Registered
365 Posts
I feel the same way and this is my 3rd. I feel like my kids are really missing out. The second trimester should be much better, but I always get tired again at the end, and then after there will be the new little one taking my time!
It sounds like your kids are keeping themselves busy, though. I'm lucky if I get to read one page of a novel. If I'm on the couch, they are running circles around me and jumping on me. I think it is MUCH easier to already have 2 that can entertain each other, and they do benefit from each other's company. I guess it's good that they get used to me not entertaining them all day, because I'm just not going to be able to do everything when January rolls around.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I hear you! This is my 4th (but 3rd preg.) and I don't remember being this tired the other 2 times. Of course, the 24 hour morning sickness isn't helping.
I read My Sister's Keeper from front to back the other day. My kids are neglected.

I'm hoping things get better soon.
Glad to know I'm not the only one, though!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by fromscatteredtribe
okay, so maybe the three other kids have something to do with it, but I am so floored by this pregnancy (both in the sense that it is unplanned and just physically unable to do the simplest things lately). My personality is complain about it, but then SUCK iT UP , so it is really making me mad. we have stuff strewn about everywhere, dirty and clean laundry eating us alive, the kids spend all day playing with envelopes and reading each other stories. i barely make them lunch and change the babe's diapers some days. today i loaded the dishwasher, washed and dried dipes, and made a chili (one of my better days) but i spent so much time in bed that i read the entire novel drowning ruth. i feel like i am neglecting everyone and everything. please let this pass in the next two weeks (this is my 10th week). thanks for letting me vent. i will probably go back to bed again now while my poor dh does all the necessary stuff.....

Hey.....did I just occupy your body & type my own words with your hands???:LOL
I feel like I am 97 & pregnant with twins!! My house is AWFUL! I have no energy! I actually cry because I want to sleep so badly! Come on over & eat cookies with me!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Everyone is exhausted their 1st trimester of pregnancy, then add 3 kids to the mix and no wonder you are overwhelmed! Keep things in perspective, as Malama said, this will pass. Your body is working is very hard and it's important that you take care of yourself (and your new baby) right now. Don't worry about the dh taking on a few more chores, God knows you are doing some extra work yourself!

Take care and I am sure things will perk up a bit in a few weeks!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
You will get nothing but love and support from me!!! I hear ya! I feel like i got run over by a truck. The other day i went to the grocery store and ran a couple of errands, did one load of laundry (totally did not fold it, it's still in the dryer) and made dinner. Then went to bed at 7 o'clock and slept until 8:30 the next day and was totally exhausted all day!!!!! it sucked!!!!!! This too shall pass. And we will have beautiful babies to cherish when it is all over.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you are all so lovely. thanks.

stacey I would love to come over and eat cookies with you.

i think part of my problem is sheer stress too. we are so broke we borrowed our children's piggy bank money for gas for dh to get to work! we are eating mostly bread with jelly and pasta. stuff that does not give you much energy, but we have to wait a couple weeks for grocery shopping.

i read so many novels last week partly because our library was giving away coupons in their summer reading program with four books read and the coupons included a FREE burrito from chipotle (it was the yummiest veggie burrito ever and woorth every page i read).

i am so silly. i better do a LITTLE work around here. good luck to you ladies too. thanks again.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i'm pretty used to it now. we were married when we were in our last year of college and conceived ds1 in two months. we found almost ten dollars in coins which will pay for the gas for me to meet my new midwife and listen to this little baby for the first time. such luck

dh did not work overtime today and since it was a holiday we had all day to clean. we went almost a decade without a tv but have had one for two years now and are tired of it being the center of out tiny living room. we moved the tv into the bedroom (and since we can't stay in bed all day and i like to read in there, we hope we will watch much less). we did MAJOR cleaning including borrowing a carpet shampooer for that cheap rental carpet (i miss my wood floors). i feel we accomplished so much today and it gives our usually chaotic home a sense of peace. it will make up for some of those bad days....
thanks for the sentiments....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.