Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here mom's are going crazy over seeing a woman's boob on a magazine which is human nature and it's natural to feed your child like that but they are seeing it as 'sexual'.

I find it odd how they go so 'crazy' at the sight of a baby on a boob but they don't go 'crazy on circumcision or after circ care sighting of a freshly circ penis.

It's like crazy how things that are 'natural they go gross' and not natural they are like whatever .

What's wrong with this society ?????

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14065706

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I read the article - it was..surreal. What is wrong with people?

Here we have breastfeeding babies even on stamps. You see babies on boob everywhere. On streets, on TV-commercials, on magazines ... no one would ever dream to think that as something sexual - not even teenage boys.

USA is obsessed about sex because it is made such a tabu?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan1097
If you look at it, you can't really tell its a boob, anyway. That baby could just as well be attached to a very round butt.

A very round and very misplaced butt!

·
Registered
501 Posts
But nobody is complaining about Cosmo, are they? There are way more boob shots on the cover of that mag...and those are purely sexual images, not pics of babies nursing.

And the woman who was worried about her husband seeing the pic...hello? How many boobs does that man see while he walks around the mall?

And the mother worried about her teenage son...G-d forbid he see a breast being used to feed a baby instead of to gratify a man.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by christifav
And the mother worried about her teenage son...G-d forbid he see a breast being used to feed a baby instead of to gratify a man.
Well it could still be one highly gratified male infant I suppose...

But under a different understanding of the word "Gratification" to yours, of course.

·
Registered
8,137 Posts
I got the magazine because I recently had a baby and was automatically subscribed (how do they get that information???). anyway, in the magazine they actually say something like "do you like our cover?" and i had to go back to look because i totally didn't even notice. and my thought was "oh, was that supposed to be daring?" i guess others noticed something that i didn't...
guess i should have remembered it was baby talk and not mothering....

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
The article is promoted on the cover as "why women don't nurse longer". THAT'S WHY. Because they're told over and over and over and over again that it's gross, sexual, inappropriate, disgusting, dirty, taboo.............

If they're going to turn those face down and get upset, then I do hope they took the time to turn over all the other "filth" on the magazine rack.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bdavis337
The article is promoted on the cover as "why women don't nurse longer". THAT'S WHY. Because they're told over and over and over and over again that it's gross, sexual, inappropriate, disgusting, dirty, taboo.............

If they're going to turn those face down and get upset, then I do hope they took the time to turn over all the other "filth" on the magazine rack.
Yes yes yes! I mentioned to another friend IRL that this whole thing is so fitting considering the title of the article
And they totally should turn over the rest of the magazines if THIS one is so offensive
:

love and peace.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts