Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
10:00 a.m. Heather opens her eyes to the burning need to pee. This will be the beginning of many trips to the bathroom for the day for heather. She slowly struggles to roll over and pull herself out of bed.

10:10 a.m. The refridgerator door opens. Heather is hungry. She pulls out the milk and proceeds to pour herself a nice bowl of chocolate marshmallow mateys. Heather likes this.

10:30 a.m. John arrives home from a long night at work. "Hi, baby" Heather replies with a muffled "Hi" and gives him a quick kiss before he heads down for a nap. "What are you going to do today?", he asks. "Oh, clean the house, I think.." "Uh huh.." he replies.

10:45 a.m. John is in bed. Heather puts her dishes in the sink after two bowls of cereal. She wanders into the office room and sits at her computer. Standing doesn't feel very good for heather right now. She thinks she'll take a little break before cleaning.

3:00 p.m. Heather looks at the clock. Hmm. She wonders when her 'nesting phase' will arrive because it certainly hasn't yet and she has no motivation to clean, or even stand up.

3:30 p.m. Heather is tired. She gets some blankets and pillows out of the closet and arranges them comfortably on the couch, then lays down and presses play on the dvd player. "I'll just watch whatevers in there for awhile..."

4:00 p.m. Heather is awoken by her cats persistent meowing at her. The movie is still going. Heather makes her way to the kitchen and downs a big glass of water. She lays back down and stares out the window.

4:15 p.m. Heather walks into the bathroom. Her cat is on the counter licking the soap. Heather stares at it for awhile. The cat knocks the soap onto the floor and and then jumps down and continues eating it. Heather is sure this isn't good but feels the sudden need to lie down again. Heather walks out.

5:00 p.m. The movie ends. Heather gets up from the couch, exhausted. She puts another movie in, stumbles to the bathroom (yet again), and then back to the couch.

5:30 p.m. Heather can't fall back asleep now, and decides it's time for cleaning. She makes herself a quick sandwich and then runs some bath water. "Maybe a quick bath will help for motivation"..

6:00 p.m. Heather pulls herself out of the bath and is stunned at how increasingly difficult that seemingly simple task has become. Heather puts her pajama's back on and heads into the office room to sit at her computer once more. She proceeds to type her entire day up until this point for no reason whatsoever.

6:30 p.m. Heather reads what she has written. Heather is thoroughly depressed.

6:45 p.m. Heather considers not posting this and making everyone on her pregnancy forum read it. She decides to post it anyway. Heather is sincerely apologetic.

7:00 p.m. Heather decides to go to bed and do the cleaning tomorrow. Maybe after an adequate nights rest she'll be able to summon the motivation..

10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (today) Heather has spent the past two hours reading through her pregnancy forum. She remembers the days when she had energy and motivation to do things. Heather is sad.

·
Registered
135 Posts
That sounds absolutely divine. Don't feel sad, just enjoy your time to yourself. I have three little ones running wild around me, and I remember the relaxing nap filled days of my first pregnancy very wistfully.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Don't feel bad - I don't feel like doing much either. I could sleep most of the day and night - LOL! I keep saying to my DH, do babies grow when you sleep? - because I want to sleep all the time.

Today I got up at 6:30 - to go to the bathroom. I could not believe it was only 6:30!

Then I fed the dogs, gave them some water, watched the news and some TV until 9am. At 9, my older kids were still asleep so I laid down and closed my eyes.

The next thing I knew it was like 10:30 am and everyone was up, so I got up to see what they were doing.

I was so tired still, I wanted to nap again but stayed awake - LOL!

Now it is 3pm and I am about to take the kids to the pool. We'll see how that goes. Family swim is only until from 3:30 - 5 today.

Have a good day everyone - the end is in sight!

Take care,

Jen

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do have a job, but my days off are now spent like this, and even at work I can't seem to get myself to do anything! I just barely managed to do the dishes though so John can't be mad at me for spending yet another day being completely and utterly un-productive..

Ahh.. family swim! That sounds so fun! I can't wait for family swims..

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Sounds nice to me.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts

UMMMM the part about the cat and the soap and you just looking at her and walking away was effing hilarious. I want to clean too, but after one small task I must sit and pass out and try to catch my breath.

·
Banned
4,712 Posts
That is totally my life! Well, except I have two young kids. But the parts about sitting on your butt instead of cleaning...walking away from your weird soap eating cat...totally stuff I would do.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Hmmm...that is sooo familiar. Be patient with yourself, and also you might want to make sure that your exhaustion and lack of motivation is just normal and not rooted in anemia. The more anemic I am, the less I can do and the less I want to do.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Thanks for posting this! I have days like this, too. Everything just seems like a big, exhausting deal sometimes (or most times.) Luckily my husband has a notion that women in the 3rd trimester are not supposed to be particularly useful. That whole nesting instinct thing definitely hasn't turned up in me, either. I have tried to exercise a little every day, even just 10 minutes of stretching and deep breathing and Tupler's Maternal Fitness. I think it helps me feel a bit more alert, at least.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I cleaned last week that has to be enough, right

That was so funny and reminiscent of my first pregnancy when I didn't have a toddler to worry about. (ahhhhh closes her eyes and remembers -how I miss those days)

Enjoy it.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I have to say it sounds lovely. I too remember pregnancy before kids...AHHHHH...BUT, I can totally relate to the frustration at not having the energy to do much. Saturdays I am supposed to clean the house and today I made a bed, did 2 loads of dishes, went to the grocery store and trimmed a bush. NO CLEANING really got done. I still remember those 2nd trimester days when I could clean the whole house, mow the yard, and have time to make a feast and have friends over.....in the same day. I mean, I could do those things it would just take a month....

·
Registered
397 Posts
Oh yeah, and I have felt the urge to take a nap all day. Instead of napping, I have just dragged my tired big-bellied self around the house from chair to chair thinking about what I should be doing......

·
Registered
1,158 Posts

That was funny.

I also agree with PPs in that I was sooo jealous to read about waking up at 10am and sleeping again later! My first pg was like that and now that I have a 2.5 y.o. I would kill to do it again!
So very tired...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.