Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OH I AM SO MAD. My freinds sister just had her 3rd child, a baby girl. I could not get all the details as my friend was at work and got busy while telling me. BUT the baby was very healthy, birth was good, on the first night home the little baby girl stopped breathing and turned blue. The F%$^&*% ambulance drivers said " we cannot take her for at least a half hour" See my town has no NICU here, the nearest one is just over and hour away. Then it got me thinking back 5.5 months ago when my ds was born here, we were ready to leave the hospital and they did the finally check on him. His heart rate was 80, so we had to be rushed to the NICU in the next town. For one the 2 ambulance drivers and the nurse that came with us had no clue how to hook up the baby seat belt to the strecher, Ds had to be hooked up to a heart moniter to see his heart rate on the way there and they ahd to keep pokeing or really shaking him to keep him awake(we all know how hard it can be to keep a new born awake) almost everytime his heart rate got really low(in the 40's) I had to tell them because they were to busy yapping about this and that. Then is was like oh no thats to low wake him up(not to me but the nurse telling the ambulance attendant)WTF kind of health care system we have that it seems like no one gives a s%^$, and ambulance attendants don't even know WTF they are doing? Really has made me upset again. My DS is fine now reg heart beat, they ran every test posible on him and his heart is very health, might have been from the cord being around his neck at birth. As for my friends sister's baby? still don't know, they have to spend a week or more in NICU. Please pray for them!!! On a good note, atleast the NICU she and I went to and are at, is one of the best!!!

·
Banned
3,042 Posts
That's why we didn't even bother calling the ambulance when DS died--I rushed him to the hospital myself. Of course when I got there everyone was standing around with their thumbs up their asses and wouldn't even shock him so he didn't make it.<br><br>
I hope the baby's ok.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts