Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050612/...al_dog_mauling

SAN FRANCISCO - The mother of a 12-year-old boy killed in his own home by one of the family's two pit bulls says she had been so concerned about one of the dogs that she shut her son in the basement to protect him.

I told him: `Stay down there until I come back.' Typical Nicky, he wouldn't listen to me."

Okay, please explain to me why she didn't take her son with her???? She should be facing charges. This is ridiculous.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
I totally was coming here to post the same thing. You lock the KID up, and not the dogs?

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/06/12/fat....ap/index.html

Quote:
"I put him down there, with a shovel on the door," Faibish said in an interview with the San Francisco Chronicle. "And I told him: 'Stay down there until I come back.' Typical Nicky, he wouldn't listen to me." Nicholas apparently found a way to open the basement door.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
That is just insane!!

Why not put the DOGS in the basement?! And what's with barricading the kid in?

With these new details, I think the mother should be facing charges! At *least* child endangerment!! It doesn't matter if the dog was a pit bull or a chihuahua, if she *knew* it was dangerous she had no business leaving her son with it..

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
I just read this a minute ago. I came here to see if it had been posted.

Quote:
"It's Nicky's time to go," she said in the interview. "When you're born you're destined to go and this was his time."
Umm... I don't think so. This was soooo preventable!

And yeah, the dogs should have been in the basement. The kid should have been the one to have free roam of his own home, NOT the dogs!

·
Banned
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And then she says, "Typical Nicky, he didn't listen"????? This woman is a total fruitcake, and she should be charged with child endangerment and manslaughter. SOMEthing. Good grief, this is her CHILD!

·
Registered
19,261 Posts

·
Registered
7,794 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Threnody
Wow, she scored on both sides - irresponsible pet owner AND parent!
EXACTLY
:

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
I think it's interesting how folks have been saying that this case shows that pit bull attacks even happen to responsible owners. I wonder if this new information will change that particular spin.

I saw the headline this morning and couldn't believe it. Why would you put the KID in the basement instead of the DOG????

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by abimommy
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

I know it isn't right but sometimes I want to punch people in the face.

Word.

How long was this poor child locked in the basement? Long enough for him to find a way to escape. How often did the "mother" do this? Often enough to come up with the brilliant plan of blocking the door with a shovel. Gawd, I hate this woman and I don't even know her. I don't want to know her. I'd punch her in the face. She's so blasé about her son's brutal, horrific death. I hope she isn't making money off his painful death. So concerned for her son, she locks him in the basement. I'm fuming. "I think of Rex as someone who ... murdered my child," she said. No, lady, I think of you as someone who murdered your child. His death was completly avoidable.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
At this point after reading that story I am totally speechless! ITA with all the previous comments. That lady is totally rediculous and the story is just so sad. It really makes me angry and sad at the same time

·
Premium Member
19,789 Posts
So, she leaves the house instructing her child to stay in the basement (with a shovel--- protection?) but says later:

Quote:
"My kids got along great with (the dogs)," she told the newspaper. "We were never seeing any kind of violent tendencies."
Then WHY were you scared of the dog!?!?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts