Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DH and I are CDing our first babe with prefolds and flats. Right now, we just fold the flat on our bed, take it over to the dresser/change table, and put it on DS.

However, once DS can roll over, we don't want to leave him unattended up there. So how do we fold flats safely?

Do you fold them all ahead of time and stack them that way? Set DS down on the floor and fold it there? Am I missing something obvious and am going to feel really stupid for having to ask this question?

·
Premium Member
11,487 Posts
I think any of your ideas would work fine. Alot of times I fold prefolds right under DS's bum, this is really easy with the bikini twist fold. Flats I prefer the kite fold so I usually change him on the floor and fold it real quick after I take his dirty dipe off and then put it on. We also change on the bed alot. Sometimes I've pre-folded the flats and stacked them so they were ready.

I'd defintely always keep one hand on your ds while he's on the changing table cause they will surprise you and roll over or move around in a second.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I've never used flats, but I think I would fold them ahead of time and have them in a stack ready to go if it were me. I wouldn't want to leave my baby alone for a minute on a changing table. It's not real common, but babies that young have been known to flip/roll themselves over. Can't be too careful, imo. Plus if you have the diapers ready to go it would make changes that much quicker for you.;-)

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Once we hit the rolling stage I started changing on the floor. Plenty of space for folding .

While we were still using the changing table I used to keep a couple ready folded I think. I know I didn't used to fold them all ready out of the wash as I've never really mastered the art of moving folded flats and keeping them folded

I've given up using flats out and about as there never seems to be anywhere to fold.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I actually look forward to diaper laundry day just so that I can sit and fold them all as they come out of the drier! Diaper folding en mass is very meditative for me. They are also easier to fold when they are warm from the drier and stay stacked better. This is all in reference to prefolds. I have never used flats.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts