Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pardon me while I get down, uh huh uh huh.
:
:

Ok, mamas, this is BIG for me. Zach has been letting dh put him to bed *gasp* to sleep withOUT mama. 3 nights in a row. I repeat, we are on day 3 that he is NOT nursing to sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! For the first time in 26 mos, he's falling asleep at night, and mama didn't have to do it!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH

can I get an Amen?!
mmmm hmmmm

(for anyone not sure if they are reading this right, you are. I've been pretty much nursing or pg [or both!] for like 7 years now, so I'm pretty stoked to have this new development). **happy sigh** I need and deserve this bit of respite.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by OneHappyMama69
Can I ask how it came to be the first night? I'm wondering when my little guy might start (now 31 mos).
heheh-night one WAS a total fluke, and was actually expected (well, hoped for). We had been banging up and down the highway, house hunting and seeing both sets of grandparents. Come back to PA and kid is exhausted and conked out on daddy. The end. easy. Enter day two: I told dh he needed to deal w/Z, not an uncommon thing, just doesn't work usually, but hey, I needed to talk autism stuff online for someone who needed help, so it somehow worked (divine intervention?? dunno, don't care, it happened). Day 3: I must give living sitch. We have 2 br's in our house. Dh sleeps w/older two in downstairs bedroom and I sleep in the bed in the upstairs br w/Z. Air conditioner breaks in kiddy room so dh sets out blankets for a camp out in the living room w/older two ds's. Z sees that and put himself down w/his older bros. And stayed that way. (insert mama happy dancing here, haha). Right now we're on day 4 (IF it works...). Z is tired, but is fighting sleep. Daddy is holding him and I'm in another room, out of sight and (hopefully) out of mind. I just nursed him and dh followed up w/solids, so we're hoping he'll sleep w/out more nursies. I don't want to turn back. If we've done this many nights w/out fussies, *I* want to continue this way.
Right now it IS about me and what I want, so long as it doesn't wang Z out or bring him to tears, in which case, he'll nurse to sleep.
Will keep you posted if you wanna know. I myself wanna see how this all turns out.

ETA: I did want to thank everyone for the SUPPORT!!!! It feels danged good, I tell ya! WOO HOO!!!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks for the update, and definitely keep up with them. I am very interested to see how it progresses. My DS took over an hour last night back and forth nursing, laying down, crawls into his bed (which is right next to our bed) lays there for a few minutes (cries a little), crawls back in to our bed, nurses, then mama tells him time to sleep and rolls over, he rolls over, tries to sleep, crawls back down, then back up, nurses again, and is finally exhausted enough to roll over and fall asleep (10:46) - obviously there were some repeat performances I left out of my description!

I'm hopeful we'll get there, but and am thankful that he's started sleeping through to 5:30a before he needs a little mama milk to get him back to sleep for another 2hrs. It's nice to get 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep after 3 yrs.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welp, by about 10:30ish pm, he was fussin for mama, so he got his nursies for bed, but ironically enough, SKIPPED his usual 5:30 am feeding.
boggle.
I mean talk about blindsiding and coming out of left field. I can count on that feeding like taxes and death. This is getting good. Put up yer feet w/me and
: w/me on this one. I'm lurving the plot twists. WOW.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.