Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
I don't get how neighbors didn't hear him crying? or was he "trained" That's so sick and with so many social programs to help with childcare. I wish people could be sterilized for s**** like this.
:

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
I think it's a really sad situation that there was no help for that family. I bet they are both struggling with addiction issues and possibly limited mental functioning.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellien C View Post
I think it's a really sad situation that there was no help for that family. I bet they are both struggling with addiction issues and possibly limited mental functioning.
Or maybe they are just horrible, abusive people who don't care about their son. You don't know there wasn't help for the family. You don't know who tried to help them or whether they tried to access services. I don't see why we should jump to assuming that they must be mentally handicapped or that they had no support system. I see nothing in the article to suggest that.

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Heavenly View Post
Or maybe they are just horrible, abusive people who don't care about their son.
I don't think that of anyone. But no, I don't know the whole situation. I just choose to feel bad for the whole family.

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Heavenly View Post
Or maybe they are just horrible, abusive people who don't care about their son.
Yup...

I went to school with a girl that was like that. She had TONS of support (her parents, her husbands parents)...she was just a terrible mother. Left him home alone for hours at a time, allowed him to crawl around eating out of ashtrays, only changed his diaper 2 times a day (couldn't afford it)...etc.

She's smart as anyone else, just a TERRIBLE mother.

Thank goodness after I made THREE calls CPS finally removed him.

·
Premium Member
6,397 Posts
So sad. Poor little guy...only changed his diaper once a day? Left him alone? Even at this young, his social/emotional development must be severely damaged.
:

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
: effing christ its people like that that make young parents look horrible and such a stigma in our society........ poor baby I hope he recovers quickly and gets a loving family....
:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by vloky View Post
I don't get how neighbors didn't hear him crying? or was he "trained" That's so sick and with so many social programs to help with childcare. I wish people could be sterilized for s**** like this.
:
It's possible he'd learnt not to bother crying as nobody would come to help him out

Such a horrible story.

·
Banned
984 Posts
people who are not in some way damaged are almost never such uncaring parents. i'll give the above poster that. something terrible must have happened to these people but that really shouldn't be their baby's problem. hopefully he'll get some good foster parents and find a good option for permanent care.

it's cases like these that leave me so conflicted over CPS. I know they drop the ball sometimes but we need people to look our for kids like this little guy. i'm quite sure it was cases like these that made the workers who "helped" my family so suspicious of every parent they saw.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Thank God someone intervened before it was too late for that little guy. I hope he is in a wonderful foster home.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.