Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made this last night. It would be good hot or cold (have had it both ways).
We had it with crusty bread and fruit for desert. My meat and potatoes husband ate 3 bowls of it.
Its a pasta salad, but it was qucik and easy like I said. Maybe y'all are tired of pasta salad dishes, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyhow. Its hard for me to find entrees my whole family likes as some of us are vegetarians and some are not.

Draining the pasta over the bell pepper may seem an unusual procedure, but it works great. This method cooks the pepper strips slightly before you toss them with the rest of the ingredients.

6 ounces uncooked linguine (I used 1lb. bow tie pasta)
1 large yellow or red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/8-inch strips (could use more than 1)
1 1/4 cups quartered cherry tomatoes
3/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (4-ounce) package crumbled feta cheese with basil and sun-dried tomatoes
1 (2 1/4-ounce) can or 1/4 cup sliced ripe black olives, drained (I used two cans since I love them)
(also I added in 3 TBS or Athenos brand Greek with Feta Cheese dressing - it seemed to need it. You could use vinegrette, italian, ect)
~Also, I thought next time I would add some fresh baby spinach to it also.

Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Place bell pepper in a colander; drain pasta over bell pepper. Combine pasta, bell pepper, tomatoes, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; toss gently. Serve immediately.

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/4 cups)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts