Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We seem to be slow on getting the weekly threads started! Maybe the beginning of the week is a dull time for us... or perhaps it's the bummer of having to go back to work.

I only have three days left of work and cannot welcome the end enough. I work (ed) two part time jobs, mornings in the baby room at a preschool, and afternoons at a computer lab at a University. Last Friday was my last day at the daycare and boy was I happy to get out of there.. that job was way too stressful. Wore me out. And this Thursday is the last day of my other job. Then I will be staying home til baby is born, and raising the kiddo after that. I'm looking forward to the break.

I have not felt any more movements since that first time which is frustrating, disappointing, and unsurprising all at the same time. However I am feeling round ligament pain, especially on the right, and have to be careful moving sometimes as to not cause too much pain. My belly is getting bigger and bigger! My husband yesterday said that I was "quite voluptuous!"

Me and DH have the little cold that seems to be making the rounds on campus. It's not fun but not serious and hopefully I won't get any sicker.

How is everyone else doing?

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Feeling big, and wondering how i can be this big at only 15 weeks. Yikes!!!
Hmmm... feeling icky a lot. Not nauseous, but maybe indigestion? Not sure. But I feel full above my stomach and hungry at the same time. Doesn't make much sense. Can't wait until movements are more regular. When they first start it is so cool. Later on when it wakes you up or hurts or it's a kick to the full bladder... well, those aren't quite as fun, but I still look forward to it. It's nice to be able to tell that babe is doing just fine. I dont like this in b/t where I just feel fat. No nausea, no movements to count.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I'm doing okay. 12 weeks today and just a little belly. I kind of blew up at me DH last night. He asked me if I was even happy to be pregnant, since I seem miserable all of the time. Of course it upset me, and I started crying. After our ectopic last October, it was very hard to keep getting my period every month. We were so happy to be pregnant. But I had no idea how I would feel everyday! I am exhausted and moody. I think I'm in an okay mood, but apparently I seem unhappy.

We talked it out, but I definitely need to talk about my feelings more here, where someone is always going through something similar. We are living away from friends and family and work is stressful right now, so I need an outlet. I wish I could stay home now! But DH doesn't have benefits so I'm working until the dr. takes me out of work. I really am thrilled to be having a baby, it's just hard to seem thrilled all the time.

Thanks for listening!!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Danielle. Pregnancy can be really hard. I had an especially hard time during my first pregnancy because I was working outside the home and was just exhausted all the time. I felt guilty because I thought I should just be blissfully glowing all the time and wasn't expecting to feel so bad all the time.

It does help to have a group of women (us!) to vent to because someone is bound to be experiencing the same thing as you and can commiserate.

Now, on my third pregnancy, I have a much easier time just feeling the physical hardships but knowing that it doesn't reflect at all how much I want to be pregnant and how much I love this baby. They are separate things but I didn't think that way during pregnancy #1. And I'll tell you it's a lot easier going through the morning sickness and all the rest of it when I have two little ones to hug and kiss every day reminding me that this is all worth it. So be easy on yourself, do what you can do to make yourself as comfortable as you can, rest, and vent away when you need to!

almostfey, I hope you are feeling better and that your cold doesn't get worse.

Davina, I am feeling B I G, too. Maybe it's because this is our third? I keep getting mini-panic attacks when I look at my belly sideways in the mirror and think, oh man, I am only 3 months pregnant and I'm already this big?! yowza.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'm too big for my normal clothes and too small for my maternity clothes right now

Plus, although my nausea is completely gone, my boobs have been SO unbelievably incredibly sore. They weren't sore early on- started about 2 weeks ago. I mean I can barely touch them, and I can't tell you how many times DS has slammed into them.
I was 13 weeks on Saturday and I have already felt some light flutters. Only a few times in the past couple of weeks though. I know it's supposed to be too early, but I know that I've felt the baby.
Only the rest of this week and 3 days next week and I'm off for a week and a half for xmas break. Yay!

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
15w1d

Thought I'd share, JIC anyone wants to see. :LOL Like the irredescent stretch marks? They're white most of the time, but purple from some angles. Weird.

Is anyone here with kids thinking they'll end up with high BP this time around??? I love my kids, but we're cooped up a lot lately. It's not super cold, but it's usually windy and seems like the past few weeks one of them has had a cough. I don't like having them out in the cold wind when they're sick, ya know?? Then, I don't like hauling them all over town when we're not feeling well. Spreads germs and makes the trips more stressful. ANyway, needless to say we're all a little stir crazy. Kids are wild some days and I feel like my head may explode.
: I really do love them though.
Am I the only one? I mean, when they do the same thing over and over and over and over..... And then when they're painting with "stolen" yogurt or something like that. Enough to make me scream. Really wish dh had at least one full day off every week and I could go away for an hour or two ... alone. Anyway, enough whining from me.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking good, Davina! I've got one to share too: ) From a few days ago, 15wk5d. From the side I don't look big at all, but this angle shows the true expanse of my belly!

My belly!

I've never posted a link before, hope that works.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Wow, I love the pregnant bellies. I loved it when mine popped out last time. You guys are still a couple weeks ahead of me. I'm not really showing yet, but my shirts are getting a bit tighter around my belly, which I don't remember last time.

Danielle - I was feeling pretty down recently too. I don't think DH's realize how tough it is on our bodies to grow a baby. There's all the hormones, and the sickness, and the exhaustion and we are expected to just carry on like everythings normal. I have been feeling so much better the last week or so. My exhaustion has lifted and I'm not sick ALL day. I think pregnancy gets so much better after the first trimester. Once you feel the baby move and eventually SEE the baby move it is just so exciting and it all seems worth it. I agree with Pepper that it is easier when you have a little one to kiss and hug every day.

Niksmom - I am between clothes too. Luckily, I only go into work two days a week. I have 1 pair of pants that fit and a couple of skirts

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
I'm 13 weeks, one day and am not so happy to report that baby has found my bladder. And he thinks it's a basketball.

The weird thing is, I can't feel the baby move, but I can feel my insides getting smacked around :LOL

Your belly pictures are adorable! You guys are only two weeks ahead of me, but you look way more pregnant than I do. I mostly still look like I've been eating too much fast food. :LOL There is definitely a belly there, though.

The other night, I sucked in my belly as far as I could and there was plenty left over :LOL I was so excited, I called DH into the bedroom to perform my new trick for him. He thinks I'm looney.

I blew up on him not long ago. He and his best friend are redoing the dining room in our house. They ripped down the ceiling, and one wall, ripped up the carpet, and the insulated and sheetrocked and all that good stuff. All my dining room furniture is in my living room and in what will be the baby's room. The kitchen is the "staging area" for all the construction so there are sheets of plywood, and sheetrock and what have you in there. And I've been locked in my bedroom with the dog for weeks.

I WANT to be out there ripping down ceiling tiles and making holes in walls. I can't, because who knows what those tiles are made with, and there could be lead in the old paint on the walls. Sigh.

Well, the bedroom tends to get messy when it's the room you're in all day every day. And I don't have the energy to keep up with it. And DH got mad at me. So, I let him have it. And ended up crying for an hour about how this is the hardest thing I've ever done, and I always feel like crapola and I don't know if i'll ever do this again, etc etc etc

and i wasn't kidding about any of it.

I think after that, he started to understand how hard it is to be pregnant. And it IS hard.

Anyone mind if I ask a stupid sex question? We had quite the dry spell after we conceived, mostly because I was either too tired or too nauseous. He was just wonderful about it. Anyway, the dry spell has been broken, but I am having stupid irrational fears about my cervix getting bumped. Someone please tell me I'm a moron and snap me out of this. :LOL

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hehe, sharonanne, last night I showed my husband how when I slouched over my belly stayed round, won't fold into rolls anymore...

And about sex, unless your health care provider tells you otherwise or you have spotting that worries you after intercourse, it's perfectly okay

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Sex is fine, if you're worried try positions that give you more control (like you on top) and only go as far as is comfortable.

I just got home from the MW and I'm measuring 17wks, so who knows. I'm so tired of keeping up with how far along I am. I know in the end it doesn't matter, but I like knowing where I am for some reason. Like, I like knowing i'm 15.5 or 17 weeks. But going by my LMP is one date, when I "think" I ovulated is about 9 days after that, and the u/s dates have been all over. I know it isn't a big deal and either way less than 1.5 weeks difference, it is just frustrating.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I've had like zero interest in sex from about 7 weeks on. I wish my drive would kick in (even a little would be good). My yoga teacher predicts I'll be super horny post partum since I'm not at all right now, which would be nice. I'm beginning to feel a little sorry for DH

·
Registered
19 Posts
We just had an ultrasound today, to date the baby! I've been bumped up from June 26th to the 17th!
This is my second baby and I'm definately a lot bigger this time- I think I look about 5 months pregnant, even though I've gained a lot less weight than last time.
I keep waiting for that second trimester energy to kick in! I'm still so tired, and nauseaus all the time. With my son I felt better by the 12th week, and now we're at 13wks4ds... On a positive note, my back isn't hurting anymore. Even though it moves so fast, it seems like so long till the baby comes. I can't wait!

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
So great to see all these bellies! Mine looks mostly like Karen's

I went shopping today for maternity clothes and it was so exciting that I am starting a whole new thread about it

In good spirits here -- I think the liquid chlorophyll and fish oil are finally starting to kick in. It feels wonderful to have some energy for a change.

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Love the belly pics! Keep posting them! I'm somewhere in between, but it's #3 so there is some flab in there too.

Tired. Less appetite these past few days.

On the good side: I finished my Christmas shopping today!!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.