Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, we have been in the area for a few months now and LOVING it! We are renting at some horrid apartments in Lakewood. Ayla starts school at Free Horizon Montessori in Golden this August.

But, we are house hunting and not having good luck. Our price range is pretty cheap (145-150) and if you live in Jefferson County, you know that is pretty impossible.

Soooo..... we have decided to expand out search out a bit. Can anyone tell me if Thornton is a good 'burb? It would be a 30 min drive to Ayla's school (one way) every day, but I *think* I am willing to sacrifice my time for it...

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
We just had friend who bought in Thornton, but I am not sure what they paid. They got a lovely house in a really nice neighborhood off of 120th and Holly. I know there are other homes in the area for sale.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I lived up in Northglenn/Thornton for a while, it's pretty nice! I'd go back if it didn't put us an hour away from DH's workplace.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in a neighborhood off of 120th and Holly (actually 115th & Holly), I'm not a fan of suburbia, but it's a pretty nice area. Several homes for sale in my neighborhood. Really nice park right here at the end of 115th. Did you end up looking more/buying over in this area?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.