Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont have a pattern so I'm going to attempt making my own.

Does anyone have a pic/link of what the back looks like?

Its just 3 peices, right? Front and 2 backs - left shoulder connecting to right side and vice versa?

TIA!

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
I think you're talking about the tank-top style that kind of "wraps" in the back? I've never made one (very common in toddler patterns IIRC) ....

If you're just looking for an easy top which doesn't have buttons/zippers, peasant blouses are very quick and easy -- I think the pattern I use is a New Look one. Front, back, and arm pieces are all it takes. OR, you can make a plain cotton tank-top (doesn't have to be knit fabric), which just pulls over the head pretty easily too. Or, there are the peasant style blouses with the longer sleeves and placket in the front and ties (no elastic gathers) ... might be more complex than what you're looking for?

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
those sound a little more than what I was thinking. Thank you though.

I'm trying to work thru my stash by making simple little things for my kids. My dd is 4 so she's a good size for most of the fabric peices I have left. I just thought of those shirts and thought I'd attempt one.

I just need a picture of one.......ack!

Thanks again for replying!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have made several of those tanks also and they are almost as easy to make and can be much more useful if you go ahead and make them reversible. I usually make the tank reversible (it helps to hide the seams) and make a matching skirt out of the two fabrics in the tank. You make two pieces the same and them stitch them all together except for the shoulders, the shoulder seams are the last and I usually finish them with some kind of decorative stitch.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reversable! What a great idea! I like the idea of a matching skirt. That wont need a whole lot of material, perfect!

Thank you!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts