Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been taking a vitamin B supplement to help boost my thyroid, along with some l-Tyrosine. I'm wonding if my late AF is tied to the vit. B (I'm def NOT preggo), which I know can help lengthen your luteal phase. I'm wondering for those of you who are actively trying to lengthen the LP, does your cycle overall just get longer (i.e. you O at the same time as always but your LP is just longer, making the entire cycle longer), or does your O get bumped up a few days and your cycle length stay the same? And approximately how many extra days in your LP are you getting?

· Registered
675 Posts
I started taking B-complex the second cycle we were trying. The first cycle we were trying I didn't chart, so I'm not sure exactly how long my LP was, but my cycle was 32 days.

Cycle #2, LP was 11 days, cycle was 33 days.
Cycle #3, LP was 12 days, cycle was 30 days.
Cycle #4, LP was 11 days, cycle was 30 days.
I'm on cycle #5 right now.

· Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. Do you know if, before taking the B-complex, your LP was shorter than 11-12 days (even if you don't know exactly how long)?

· Registered
675 Posts
I think it was 9-11 days the cycle prior to starting B-complex and 9-11 days 2 cycles prior to starting B-complex. This is based on CM observation and cramps around possible O. I don't want to speculate too much and give an exact number.

All I can say for sure is that, it seems with consistent dosing, it lengthened my LP. When it went from 12 to 11, I was only taking 1 a day because I was running out. Then during AF, I went back to 2 a day. The one that really counts, B6, was 25 mg, then 12.5, then back to 25.

· Premium Member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whoa, I'm taking 125mg of the B6. I guess I'll wait and see how it affects me overall this cycle. I'm starting to feel the twinges that's letting me know AF is a-comin' maybe later tonight or tomorrow. Right now I'm only one day late, but you could set a watch by her punctuality -- I can usually tell you within a 2 hour window of when she'll be arriving and she should have been here yesterday on the 2:30 express train from Hades.

· Registered
3,028 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsD08 View Post
Wow...that's a lot of B-6....My bottle says that it's high potency and the 12.5mg is 625% of your daily value...
I've taken b6 on and off for a few years, to help with LPD due to nursing.
I've read that you can take up to 200mg daily, I take 100mg right now but have taken 150mg in the past.
I know it can have an affect on prolactin and in turn milk supply so nursing moms should use the lowest effective dose. (whatever that is for you).

I've read to take no more than 200mg daily for use in aiding fertility, and toxocities have been reported with doses over 500mg. This fact sheet is helpful. http://www.feinberg.northwestern.edu...itamin-b6.html

· Registered
1,417 Posts
the RDA is something like only 2 mg, but everything i've read also says take between 50-200 mg if you are trying to lengthen LP (and your o time should stay the same, it's just the LP that lengthens.) i can't tell you if it's helping, because this is my first cycle with it, i'm just on cd5. i'm also going to be on prog supps as soon as i o. my first cycle ttc off bc i had a lousy 7 day LP.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.