Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since it seems this is where I am spending most my time...

I am the single working mama to 2 boys , they are almost 7 and 4 ( next month)
AP all the way, breastfeeding, homebirth, non-vax, non-circ ( well I have one of each because I didn't learn till the 2nd son) still co-sleeping occasionally when they desire it. I would homeschool but have not found a way to balance that with working.
My sons go to their fathers every weekend. My xh and I have a pretty good working relationship as far as the parenting goes but I wouldn't say we are co-parenting well. We have different ideals and beliefs. He is gentle in his care for them but does expose them to things I don't agree with as far as media, movies, relegion and such.

I've been divorce legally since Feb 17th 2004, asked for a seperation in Sept. of 2002, then went back to him tried to make it work then filed for divorce in Sept 2003. We had been married for 4 years together for 7 years.
I was very younge when I had my first son with my exh and basically we just beat our heads against the wall trying to make a good thing out of a bad situation.

I work as a waitress 4-5 days a week in a pretty cool ale house with 31 microbrews on tap.

I am currently setting up my future trying to apply for midwifery school and all the craziness that that will bring into my life, but I feel that it is my calling.

I'm a professional belly caster on the side and when I was married owned a bussiness where I sold homebirth supply kits, did doula work, belly castings and breastfeeding support. I would love to get back to all of that but right now I feel I only have the energy for the castings.

I'm dating
, I'm about 5 weeks into a dating relationship with a really sexy, smart, loving, crunchy blues guitarist who spoils me rotten. He is very well know locally for his music, has some CD's out and is considered one of the best blues guitarists in the Seattle blues scene and society. He supports himself fully and well with his music between teaching lessons, CD sales and doing shows with his own band and sitting in on blues bands who come through town. He teaches 6 days a week and plays shows 2-4 times a week. Busy busy busy man but he loves it. I am in awe of him...doing what he loves and supporting himslef with his passion. It inspires me to follow my own dreams.

When I'm not mothering, working and dating the guitartist I read, hike, sleep, pray and give thanks to the goddess and post

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Welcome!

You sound like a very busy mom!

I have two boys, 6 & 2.5. I've been separated for 3 years. I'm currently figuring out what I want to do when I grow up! I've just started dating a few months ago & love having an adult life again! My relationship with my ex is definitely strained these days, although I am an optimist & believe he may one day get his head out of his butt! :LOL

I have great friends, great family & lots of love and support for me & my kids. I love this site & love the amazing strength, wisdom & experiences we share as single moms!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Nice to meet you! I'm also the mom of 2 boys (see my signature line!), and also total AP/NP - Extended nursing, co-sleeping (with both these days!), babywearing as desired, gentle discipline, natural foods/therapies, natural birth, non-vax, non-circ, limited exposure to mass media etc. My ex and I were together almost 8 years, married for 6.5. He is an abuser/control freak, and we are currently still in the midst of a custody battle for the boys. I currently work in financial services, but am also going back to school for my M.A. in education/teaching credential (should be done in 20 months!). I've tentatively begun a dating/friendship thing with a single dad firefighter that I met at my yard sale about a month ago. On paper, it looks promising - he has two girls of similar ages to my boys, is very gentle & kind, has a great sense of humor and is extremely considerate of me and my role as a full-time custodial parent. When not working/in school etc., I enjoy ballet, hiking, yoga, pilates, reading, my UU church services, and .... SHOPPING!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Welcome! I am fairly new here myself. In the short time I have been hanging out here, I have gotten some great advice.

My goal is to be a Midwife, too. Best wishes on your journey!

Hmmm, I see a pattern here, I also have 2 boys (and 1 girl)

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Hello & Welcome!

I am going to "break" the pattern, as I have only 1 ds. He will be 1 in 2 weeks.

I am pretty AP, but will admit to not being fully, as ds has been vaccinated for 2 reasons: 1) Dutch law and too expensive and confusing to fight it--the Dutch court/law system is crazy...2-3 year waiting lists just to get a court hearing! 2) I like to travel to very distant, non-westernized countries, such as Africa, India, etc, so it does make me feel a just a little more "safe" knowing he has been vaccinated.

I am an American living in the Netherlands. Stbx and I have been separated since September 2003 and, as I just learned yesterday from the immigration lawyer, will not be able to legally divorce until December 2005 because of immigration and residency issues.
: Heck, we even have to be careful about our situation because if immigration finds out, ds and I will be deported immediately!

My relationship with stbx is pretty good, for the most part. He is a ridiculously passive "follower", so he pretty much doesn't fight me on anything...as long as I explain it to him clearly and with reason.
We both work together for the same publishing house, so a friendly, respectful relationship is very important.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Hello,
allow me to introduce myself..I am kind of a newbie(ish) person too..2months?? maybe? I am Jaime a 28yo AP mamma to DS (Z)..newly single just flew the coop about 1month ago..STBX and I actually have been getting along famously (I guess living in separate states is great for us) we were together 7yr and married 5 this past saturday..well would of been.. however he did (gotta give him credit here) he did take a flight up to see DS for the weekend and we went out for dinner on our anniversary..and talked..but the truth is I do not love him like a wife should love a husband I love him like a dear friend..I think he finally realizes this now..we agreed on child support (also part of his flying up here we had a court hearing) and so far so good..I just HOPE that it all continues so amicably...but in the mean time I have to do a lil back patting here..in the past month since I relocated..I found an apartment, a car and a job..woohoo!! DS is in an EXCELLENT daycare and he LOVES it..life is getting better..I wake up every morning and CHOOSE my own attitude and make the best out of my life..ok I will get off my soapbox but I am proud darn it..I wish you all the best in life because we deserve it...ahh..oh so anyhow...nice to meetcha!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts