Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I am 30 weeks pg with number 2, and my dh and i have decided to go uc. We are having a midwife team do our prenatals, and other than that, we are going it alone. I am very excited, and my only real question is about my daughter. She is 2 1/2 now and we don't have anyone to be there for her during the birth. Have you uc'ers found this to be truly neccesary? Thanks for any thoughts!

Erin

· Registered
1,302 Posts
Welcome!

I haven't done it, but I think it would depend on how your dd reacts to different things, and how you birth.

Most people think I'm nuts for feeling this way, but actually I regret not having my dd in the room (at a hospital, but my ds beat the midwife there, it was just me, dh and a wonderful nurse) when I gave birth to her little brother... she was 18 mos at the time, but was SO in tune to us, and I have easy, relatively quiet births (so far!
) and honestly I think she was miffed at me! But she recovered. She's just super-sensitive and very aware, and LOVED watching babies being born, even on the horror shows like Baby Story. (Back then, I loved that stuff.. can't sit through it now, though)

Either way, they're both over 3.5 + now, so next time it will be more up to them.

I'd go with your gut, yk?

lizzie

· Registered
6,819 Posts
We didn't plan for anyone to be here for my kids, who were 3, 5, and 7, but we had the option of taking them to my inlaws' if I felt I needed more privacy or they weren't handling it well, and I was also fine with birthing alone and having my husband care for them if need be. It turned out though that I gave birth very early in the morning when they were still asleep.

· Registered
1,030 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your u/c decision! I didn't plan anything for my kids. I ended up laboring very early in the morning, and they woke up to their new little brother! I would have been equally as happy as if they had been there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.