Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so--had an 18 week u/s, thus far my only one. i had wanted to have as few as possible throughout this pregnancy, but knew i wanted one just to check things out. the little bugger wouldn't roll over for the tech, despite my caffeine consumption, lol

long story short, they couldn't fully view the kidneys or the spine. spoke with my mw, and she says it is totally up to me, not knowing won't change any birth protocol at the hospital.

i'm confident of my due date, but am assuming i will go late as my mom was late with her 2 births. thus i'm sure i will have at least one more u/s at the end.

i'm leaning towards skipping the 2nd one suggested by the u/s tech. thoughts?

·
Premium Member
14,501 Posts
I went for mine (for the same reason actually) with DD... but I think the deciding factor was we wanted to know if it was a boy or girl and she didn't show us that at the 18 week ultrasound either.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
it can't hurt. Information is always good! But before you stress, is there any other indication that there might be a problem with the kidneys or spine?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nope--no indication of anything bad, everything looks normal. i'm not really stressing, i'm actually leaning pretty strongly towards not having another one....we've just kind of taken the "whatever happens with this babe is meant to be" road, not doing any testing, and so far only doing one u/s.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.