Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd asked awhile back about how many toddlers had imaginary friends and if it had any relevance to future personality/intelligence/creativity/whatever, or if it's just random. At the time, DD had created a friend named Gaga, who was sometimes one or another of her dolls, and other times completely imaginary.

Well, lately she's added a couple more friends! First there was Kunta (rhymes with fun-ta, not with moon-ta, couldn't figure out how else to spell it to make it obvious lol), and the last couple days there's also been Koola-Lala. It's fun coming up with spellings for these lol...

Anyway, just a few minutes ago she was even saying "Gaga, Kunta, and Koola-Lala, they are my friends!" So it's not just something we've misinterpreted either lol... Last night she had Koola-lala in the bath with her. I haven't actually met Kunta yet, but DH has "seen" her often.

I'm wondering how soon we're going to have a whole circus of 'friends' here!

· Registered
936 Posts
My now 21 year old had an imaginary friend, a dragon, for years. When he was about seven he made a brochure advertising his imaginary dragon friend. It had drawings and information about the dragon, where it lived, what it liked to eat, and all the fantastic things it could do. I remember that he wrote "If you believe in Jesus, you can also believe in [the dragon's name]!"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.