·
Registered
6,192 Posts
OMG!!! How tragic.

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
HOLE_Y CRAP!

Yest another reason to NOT shop at Walmart. Poor workmanship in construction!

·
Registered
10,553 Posts
Tha poor family

Bash walmart all that you want (not anyone in particular, just whoever wants to), but realize that this could happen anywhere. Anywhere, even at home. Target, your local family owned organic foods store, anywhere.

·
Registered
9,039 Posts
I have to agree with Synthea. This is an accident find real reasons to bash Wal-mart....I got a list of sites for you. This is a freak accident we don't know the whole story to. Walmart could be at 100% fault but at the same time it could be that they had a customer come in and mess with the mirror. We have had people mess and loosen our displays so for me that isn't a stretch in possiblity. Sometimes (from my own companies accidents) it takes an accident like this to change safety procedures.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
It definately rubs me the wrong way to think people would use this boy's terrible death to bash Walmart but I just don't think Pynki was intending that at all by her comment.

It could have happened anywhere, yes. Its terrible and tragic to think mother and sibling watched him die.
So so so sad for them.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pynki
I was about to post something like this sarcastically. But you took all the fun out of it.

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
Correct that was not my intent. I simply can NOT imagine how a mounted mirror big enough to kill a child just FALLS.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
This happened recently at Sears. So sad. They believe that the mirror was loosened as a prank.

It is just sad.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't know any of the specifics of the size, but it doens't necessarily matter what size it is......just where it hits.

·
Premium Member
10,793 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Debstmomy
This happened recently at Sears. So sad. They believe that the mirror was loosened as a prank.

It is just sad.
Yes it was a three year old girl at Sears in Burbank. Like just two weeks ago.

·
Registered
738 Posts
This sort of thing is so sad and so scary, too. I mean, think of everything we do to keep our children safe every day. We protect them as best we can. And despite all of our efforts, things like this can still happen, you can be five feet away from your happily playing child and… it gives me the cold shivers. This poor, poor mom and her poor son.
:

·
Premium Member
10,793 Posts
Quote:

HOLE_Y CRAP!

Geez it was an accident. Could of happened anywhere.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Quote:

Correct that was not my intent. I simply can NOT imagine how a mounted mirror big enough to kill a child just FALLS.
People could have loosened it as a prank, maybe after numerous kids a day playing with it it broke lose, shopping carts banging into it everyday.....the reasons are endless....

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Of course this tragedy could have happened anywhere, but when employees aren't being paid a fair wage, they stop paying attention to the little details like a loose mirror.

·
Registered
11,714 Posts
Wow, how terrible. The guilt that mother must feel. I can imagine thinking "if only I had put him in the shopping cart"

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by chersolly
Of course this tragedy could have happened anywhere, but when employees aren't being paid a fair wage, they stop paying attention to the little details like a loose mirror.
I think that is an unfair assumption......this was a tragic oversight. It could have happened anywhere, with any type of wages, even if an employee was being paid $100 per hour with great benefits, this could have happened.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts