Mothering Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p><span style="font-size:14px;">She has always been my "healthy" one.  About a month ago she broke out with this itchy rash.  For a few days it was on her cheeks.  There are also thousands of tiny, imperceptible bumps all over her torso.  It feels like sand paper. </span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:14px;">She also developed dark circles under her eyes.</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:14px;">The only difference in our lives is that we got a new kitten just before the rashes began.  But there are no other allergy symptoms such as respiratory or eyes watering or anything.</span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:14px;">Has anyone experienced this?</span></p>

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
<p>Sounds like my dd's eczema. Hers is from food, but it can be environmental/contact. You could go to an allergist to rule out allergies or it could be an intolerance, which cannot be tested for. You need to do an elimination diet for them.</p>

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<p>Thank you for your response.  We are taking her off of gluten & casein to see if that makes a difference.  Also baking soda baths and vitamin C flush to lower yeast levels a bit. </p>

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
<p>yah, sounds like eczema. have she come in contact with anything new?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>sometimes eczema responds quickly to some fish oils or cod liver oils. does she take those?</p>

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
If it started right after you got a cat, then I would say it's probably the cat. But yes, it does sound like eczema- which can be caused by food or environmental allergies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts