Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went to check on DD since she was in bed and I am obviously not.
She started to fuss so I picked her up and I noticed tehre was a bit of throw up (maybe spit up? But this didn't look like spit up...kwim?) on her chin. The other night I went to do the same thing. She had flipped onto her belly and was upset and pushing herself up and as she did so she threw up. What could be causing this? Neither time was due to a pressure on her belly right after eating or anything. As far as I can tell it's all completely random. I know this could be dangerous as she could choke on it in her sleep (she has a weird breathing thing too from time to time so I am really worried this could happen....I know chances are slimmer since we co-sleep but it's still a thought yk?). Anyone have their babies do this? What do I do?

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
I have no idea, sorry. Have you considered using a bassinet or sling so she's with you when she sleeps? At least then you can keep an eye on her while you figure this out.

Much luck!

·
Registered
8,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do have a sling so we do use that but she gets too hot so I have to take her out often to cool off (she sweats like mad!). She sleeps with us so the bassinette is just putting her further away (thanks for the suggestion though!)

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
By bassinet I meant to have her with you in whatever room you're in when you aren't sleeping - since you said that she was sleeping but you weren't, so you were just going in to check on her.

·
Registered
326 Posts
It happened to my dd (now 8 mon old) two weeks ago. When I picked her up from the crib after nap, I found out throw up all over her clothes, face and sheet. I still don't know the reason. I suspect it was because I put her to sleep right after her feeding solids. Anyhow, now I always wait at least half hour after her feeding.

·
Registered
8,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jyanla
It happened to my dd (now 8 mon old) two weeks ago. When I picked her up from the crib after nap, I found out throw up all over her clothes, face and sheet. I still don't know the reason. I suspect it was because I put her to sleep right after her feeding solids. Anyhow, now I always wait at least half hour after her feeding.

DD doesn't get solids yet so I don't think that's it. I think she's sick...this morning's event reaffirms that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.