Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well. It looks like Corbin has (/ is coming) come down with his first case of thrush. I'm not exactly sure though. Whitish patches in the mouth that don't rub off.... There isn't very many, and they are a very light white... (not like bright and very noticable). Just on his lips, mostly in the corners inside... and starting on his tounge.
I just noticed it a few hours ago...
My question is this: Do I need to take him to a doctor? (we don't have bc health care yet, and our alberta health care has run out)
And if not... where can I find genetian violet in Richmond (or Vancouver, it's close enough =P)

I have no symptoms what-so-ever myself, and he is still pretty happy-go-lucky.. it can't be too bad yet... I don't want it to pregress any further..
How can I avoid getting the thrush as well?

·
Registered
864 Posts
You can go to any pharmacy and ask for gentian violet. It's an over-the counter non-prescription drug...in other words, you don't need a prescription but you do need to ask the pharmacist for it. I got some at London Drugs when DS and I had it. I dosed us both for three days ala Dr. Sears and Dr. Neuman's websites and it cleared right up.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Hi
How are you doing? We just got over a case of pretty bad thrush. I didn't have any symptoms, but my ds had it for a couple of weeks. I gave him infant probiotics 3-4 times a day, just let him suck it off my finger, and also gave him an oral solution mix. It is 2 tablespoons of olive oil mixed with 8 drops tea tree, 8 drops lavender, and 4 drops oregano oil. I swabbed this in his mouth as often as he would let me. I also took a mix of 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in 1/4 cup of warm water w/ 1 tsp honey 3x daily with meals. Also take probiotics yourself, and cut out all sugar and refined foods. It should start to clear up within three days.

HTH!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts