Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
dd and I have a case of thrush right now. It's awful, but can get to be so awful it's unbearable. I caught it early, thankfully, and have gotten medication for us both. It's so hard to get rid of, and the "natural" remedies are helpful in conjunction with meds, but won't (usually) get rid of it alone. I highly recommend seeing your doc, asap!

Good Luck!!!!

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Wow! I was just going to post about this!

DS and I have a case too, and it ... is NOT comfortable!

I've got the natural stuff to get us by through the weekend, but I think I'll have to see the doc on Tuesday too. I think it's beyond the nips and into the milk ducts ...

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have to Rave about Dr. Newman's recipe for All Purpose Nipple Ointment! It is great! You can print it out on kellymom.com and take it in to your provider. That's what I did.

We are, *I think*, on the down hill slide of our case of thrush!

Tracy

·
Registered
135 Posts
I had a really bad case of thrush, all the way up in the ducts, causing chronic plugged ducts/mastitis, for more than 2 months! Nothing cleared it up for good; everything helped at first, but then it came back. I tried gentian violet, diflucan, all purpose nipple ointment, nothing worked! Until I tried oil of oregano, both taken orally as well as putting it on my nipple. I slowly worked up m oral dose to 2 drops 3x/day, and put 3 drops in 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and swabbed some of that mixture on my nipples after each feeding. I took a couple weeks for the yeast in the ducts to go away, but it's gone, and stays gone, and no more plugged ducts or mastitis.

Good luck

Edith

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.