Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to write thread for people in the NYC to beware of Tidy Diaper Service. It is the worst run business I've ever come across. I'll explain:<br><br>
We got 2 months worth of diaper service through Tidy Diapers as a gift at our baby shower. This was back in February. Our friend said we should call the woman who runs it after our baby was born and she'd start up the service. Easy enough, right?<br><br>
Our baby was born about a month later, but she was really small, so the diapers wouldn't have fit. I caller Tidy to ask if they had preemie sized diapers, and the woman said "No" and "to call when our baby reaches 8 pounds", and she'll start up the service then. "The delivery person will bring them in and let you know how to use and store them." Got it, no problem.<br><br>
2 and a half months went by and our baby reached 8 pounds finally (she was only 4 pounds when she was born), so I called Tidy and left a message with our name and phone number (as the greeting requires on the machine so she could return our call) and heard nothing back from her.<br><br>
I called again a few days later, left the same message. A few days later again, I left another message as I'd not heard back from the woman. I called again, and again, leaving several messages over about 3 weeks. My husband started calling and leaving messages every day, until we'd left around 20 messages with this woman at Tidy Diapers, and still no returned phone call.<br><br>
It got to the point of annoyance, that we started to say "just refund the money, we don't want the service." We got an email address from our friend for her, and told her in writing to refund the money, we don't want the service. It was then, that she called back and said she'll deliver the diapers the following Tuesday. This was after 5 weeks of calling.<br><br>
Tuesday came and went, no diapers, no phone call from her.<br><br>
Again, we left messages with her daily, saying to refund the money, we don't want the service. She was obviously incompetent in delivering the only item her business supplies, so we had doubts whether she could give a refund as well.<br><br>
2 weeks went by, and she finally responded to one of a variety of emails we'd sent her saying she'd gotten a sub and the person failed to deliver the diapers.<br><br>
(All this is happening while 2 people have their first newborn at home, are sleep deprived and could really use a break with washing their cloth diapers, with this very nice and thoughtful gift of 2 months of diaper service. Instead, we're chasing this woman down to get her to deliver what was already paid for...)<br><br>
She stated, not apologetically mind you, that she would deliver the diapers the following Tuesday. (this is 7 weeks after we left the first phone message saying "yes, we'd like the service to start up now, please. Thank you.")<br><br>
Tuesday came. No one rang our buzzer "between 11 and 1pm", but our landlord brought up a garbage bag full of diapers late in the afternoon, that she thought was trash, except it had our name on it. The woman didn't bother to ring our bell, and just dumped the diapers in our entryway.<br><br>
No "here's how you use them" or " here's what you do with the soiled diapers", she just threw them in the entryway and left.<br><br>
Again, back to the phone calls. Back to the emails. She finally responded to half of one email, but failed to answer our questions of what to do with the soiled diapers.<br><br>
DO NOT USE Tidy Diapers in NYC. The woman is completely incompetent and its a massive headache just to get the service going. She will not return phone calls when you have even the most basic question.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
There hav ebeen other complaints. <a href="http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:3lnlwMlYAbYJ:local.thenestbaby.com/ListingView.aspx%3Flid%3D473515%26scid%3D5328838+Tidy+Diapers+in+NYC&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=6&gl=us" target="_blank">http://72.14.205.104/search?q=cache:...lnk&cd=6&gl=us</a>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts