Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use these? - Love em/hate em? (why/why?)<br><br>
I am thinking these will be better for us because DS has a long toros. I find the cloth nappies that we have to cut right under his gut - and personally it looks uncomfortable. What do you think?<br><br>
Let me know how you find your tie on nappies - they look cheap enough too!

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Hey,<br><br>
I only have one, my friend (who is in germany) uses them and is about to have her 3rd and is using them again so they obviously suit her. I found mine (which i might as well admit is one she forgot to take home after coming to stay with me!) fine, and great for 2 reasons:<br><br>
1: i was using prefolds and though they wash well and dry fast the tie-ons she uses are made up of a liner, a booster or two, the tie-on bit and then a cover or wrap of some sort (hers are lanolised wool shorties usually, but she didn't forget the wrap, just the rest, so i used a motherease over it) and they dry SO fast - i had a tumble-dryer but seriously, i can remember once drying on on a radiator in about 35minutes! &<br><br>
2: they were more adjustable than the ones i had (bambino mio) - because they tie on you can basically pull them up higher or lower depending on the shape of the baby - i was even able to tie lower when she had bellyache and higher for night time when i'd put 3 boosters in...lazy i know! lol.<br><br>
I'm strongly considering making my own for this babe once the bambino mio's i have are too small (i'm good to 7kg then have a gap until the bub hits about 10kg). So i say YES to tie ons.

·
Premium Member
14,677 Posts
I have 2 kinds - the Disana tie and the Clover tie. The Disana tie are our night-time dipes. Alone they don't hold much, but I stuff them with 2 PFs and a Hemparoo for night-time and they get us through the night.<br><br>
There is a definite learning curve in using them - most of the pics I've seen do not have them on properly, as in they'd leak if that baby had a poo with it tied that way. But once I got it figured out, they're really great.<br><br>
The Clovers though, while I want to love them, they have issues - like the fact that my guy is skinny and they just don't snug down that far. They're designed like a wrap-around skirt, where you have to feed a strap through a buttonhole... doing that on a squirmy babe is a PITA. So they've basically just sat unused this far. I'm going to try them again and see if he's big enough for them yet, since I hate having dipes going unused.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts