Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use my boring ole sarong sometimes to carry my 3 yr old, but it is a bit to short to work real well. Mostly I use the Maya with my 1 year old. I want to get a longer tie sling for carrying my older babe.<br>
Reboza and selendang are the two tie slings I know of. I had didymos for awhile, and while I loved it, I felt it had way to much material for me.<br>
My question is what tie slings are good for hip or back carry? Are any of the Rebozo's long enough to use a back carry with (I lay the child on my back, toss the sarong over them, take the two ends up over my shoulder and down under my arm and tie it under the baby's bottom) Will either the rebozo or Selendang have enough material to do that? There are just so many versions of the rebozo I don't know which to get.<br>
Are there any other tie slings i should explore? I did have the didymos for awhile, but it was to long for the hip carry and even for the back carry I'm tallking about.<br><br>
Suggestions?

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I'd say 3-3.5m should cut it, but it does depend on your size. How long is your sarong? I would measure that and then compare to the listed sizes of the other wraps you're considering.<br><br>
You can get a Girasol or Didymos in shorter lengths. Try peppermint.com - if they don't have what you're looking for I'm sure they can special order it for you.<br><br>
You could also just go to a fabric store and find a fabric you like and buy 3 or 4 metres to experiment with. A nice woven fabric with a loose weave would be especially nice for the summer.<br><br>
Let us know what you come up with!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts