Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my 27 week OB appointment yesterday, and they are talking delivery by 36 weeks due to my GD. Of course the babies are not head down, but after 2 days of angst I saw my chiropractor, and she has a chinese medicine technique that she is going to teach my DH so we can get these babies facing the right way before the next u/s. I REALLY don't want a c/s, but in CT there is nobody who will deliver breech anymore. Too many lawsuits.

Anyway, I thought I would share the measurements in case you were interested. I am measuring at 30 weeks, and have gained 30lbs. The babes are as follows, Baby A= 3lbs and Baby B= 2lbs 9oz. I wasn't all that excited to hear the numbers after everything else until someone asked if they were big. Was I ever surprised to see that A is measuring 3 weeks ahead! B isn't doing so bad either, he is 2 weeks ahead! I feel much better now.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamajody
I had my 27 week OB appointment yesterday, and they are talking delivery by 36 weeks due to my GD. Of course the babies are not head down, but after 2 days of angst I saw my chiropractor, and she has a chinese medicine technique that she is going to teach my DH so we can get these babies facing the right way before the next u/s. I REALLY don't want a c/s, but in CT there is nobody who will deliver breech anymore. Too many lawsuits.

Anyway, I thought I would share the measurements in case you were interested. I am measuring at 30 weeks, and have gained 30lbs. The babes are as follows, Baby A= 3lbs and Baby B= 2lbs 9oz. I wasn't all that excited to hear the numbers after everything else until someone asked if they were big. Was I ever surprised to see that A is measuring 3 weeks ahead! B isn't doing so bad either, he is 2 weeks ahead! I feel much better now.

Your sizes sound good for 27 weeks - babies really pack on the pounds toward the end - so for each to be basically 3 lbs already sounds good to me.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Is your chiro going to do moxibustion? It's an accupuncture technique that just uses the application of heat. It really got my babies movin' (but not quite enough, unfortunately.) However, at 27 weeks, you still have lots of time.

You mean your ob won't deliver vaginally even if A is head down?

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by royaloakmi
Is your chiro going to do moxibustion? It's an accupuncture technique that just uses the application of heat. It really got my babies movin' (but not quite enough, unfortunately.) However, at 27 weeks, you still have lots of time.

You mean your ob won't deliver vaginally even if A is head down?
Yes we are going to try moxibustion. I hope it works! I have until 8/31. DO you think a month is enough time?

As far as the delivery goes, one doc MIGHT consider it. He is the only doc in the practice that has any real experience with breech deliveries of any kind. However, breech deliveries are considered too risky in our neck of the woods. I have an appointment with him in 3 weeks, and the other docs are going to conference on what is to be done. Did I mention this doc is the one that thought I was a nut for insisting I was having twins at 10 weeks? How ironic is that?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts