Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering...I usually don't let my kids play a lot of games online but while I was trying to clean house this weekend my 5 yr old started playing this...within 2 days he can tell me what 12x12 is...just makes me wonder what other subjects could be learned in this manner?! Good grief...throw out the flashcards
!

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
We just started this about 2 weeks ago but my son can't figure out how to get beyond the "3s." He gets them all right but it won't advance to to 4s-anyone know why? We are using the free version but that shouldn't matter right?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I love it, and DS1 likes it and wants to play it sometimes, but is scared of the ogres and feels overwhelmed at having to answer the questions. I think I'm going to help him learn the two facts outside of the game (when he wants to), so then he can march into the first level of the game and tell it to the ogres ! LOL ! I think if he can get through the 2s this way, he will love the game.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mirlee: Never thought I'd see the day when my son would be begging to learn his times tables
!

AnneR33: We have the free version too...not sure why you'd be having this trouble...all I can think of is that in order to get to the next level you have to do the "challenge". My son found a shortcut somewhere where you jump up and through a little white disc and then you go up a ramp and you end up in front of the "monster" and you have to answer the questions for that level w/out making a mistake in order to get to the next level. Just keep exploring you'll find the shortcut!

llp34: My eldest found this program when she was 6 but it scared the heck out of her. Now she's a month shy of 8, already knows her times tables and the monster doesn't scare her anymore. Her brother always has a sense that he should be doing what she's doing to he plunged in head first...guess it helps to have an older sibling. For my daughter it definitely helped to know the facts ahead of time!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.